Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All the bells and whistles, or not?

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Bit of a while since I posted in this forum... and I still haven't got about getting meself an alarm system! Anyway, for a wireless system in a detached 4-bedroom house in the countryside that will be GSM monitored (I know this isn't ideal!), would folk recommend an external bell box and extra internal sirens? Or should the control panel siren alone suffice if a dummy bellbox is thrown up outside?

Also, is the HKC Quantum 70 out now and all it was cracked up to be? If so, how does it compare costwise to a Powermax system set up for GSM monitoring in a typical install? Ballpark figures are fine or even a percentage comparison - don't mind whether comparison is for components alone or complete install.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

It is out next month as far as I know. It is more expensive than the Powermax system. An live external bell is a must on every system. If you ring some of the suppliers on the supplier list they will give you prices on both systems.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Kildare Resident

altor wrote: »
    It is out next month as far as I know. It is more expensive than the Powermax system. An live external bell is a must on every system. If you ring some of the suppliers on the supplier list they will give you prices on both systems.

Spoke to Larry a few weeks ago should be out middle of the month, I've 5 customers waiting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

Spoke to Larry a few weeks ago should be out middle of the month, I've 5 customers waiting for them.

Looks good, so I am sure the new system will do well.

Advertisement