Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Mastodon song (and video!)

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Mastodon have announced that their next full-length studio album will be titled The Hunter. The Reprise Records release will hit store shelves later this year, featuring "Curl Of The Burl", "Dry Bone Valley", "Blasteroids", "The Octopus Has No Friends", "All The Heavy Lifting", and "Stargasm". The full track listing and release date is expected to be announced soon.

Produced by Mike Elizondo, the band has 'decided to take a completely different tack and musical approach to the music on this album'. Fans who something to chew on in the meantime can head to www.adultswim.com/singles beginning June 28th to download a rare, unreleased track titled "Deathbound" from the Crack The Skye sessions.

Here's the video:

http://video.adultswim.com/music-videos/mastodon-deathbound-video.html

Edit: not working; someone has kindly posted it below anyway.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

I'm liking this a lot, seems like they're back on form.

Crack the Skye was such a let down album for me. Too up it's own ar$e. (I did like the single but I tried to get in to the rest of the album and just couldn't).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Its an hilarious video. More CTS songs the better for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

that link wouldn't work for me so here it is again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

^^^ That video ain't working for me and none of the links are :(. I really don't want to wait two hours to get home from work to listen to this, I need it NOW!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

It's not a new song, it's a leftover from the "Crack the Skye" sessions so it will not be on the new album. Funny video but the song isn't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

The song is fairly good,Very Leviathan sounding to me,fun video too.Looking forward to their new one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Crack the Skye is an indisputable masterpiece, and is one of the best releases, if not the best release, in metal in 2009. It will definitely be a future classic! The band are saying the next one is going to go back to their heavier roots while also keeping elements from CtS, like vocal harmonies. I can't fackin wait, Remission is my favourite Mastodon album alongside Crack the Skye!

That Deathbound tune is great, video is hilarious. I can see why they left that song out of Crack the Skye though, wouldn't flow well with the rest of the album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

I've said it many times before that Mastodon are an excellent band, driving hard tunes.

Whalecore!!

Good song can't wait for the new album

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

absolute favourite band of all time...'ole nessie wins it for me but this new stuff is very exciting

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

The new album cover's a bit mental!

mastodon-the-hunter_jpg_300x300_crop-smart_q85.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭ThunderApple

hm, I can't watch this video.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

I like the album cover! Though I can't watch the video at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Trippy trailer for the new album-

Sounds promising :D

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

New song has been released :cool:

http://soundcloud.com/butcher_666/mastodon-black-tongue

I shall be one of many to say it is as epic as epic gets. The Hunter cannot get released fast enough XVSo2.gif

What a band

'Dat song BcQ3W.png
    edit: looks as though it's been removed from everywhere..... T3wkG.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭InigoMontoya

Really loving that song. I was getting sick of listening to that 30 second clip they released a couple of weeks ago. Can't wiat to see how the rest of the ablum turns out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

Black Tongue sounds great, really looking forward to this album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Roll on September 27th gonna get this new album immediately, really looking forward to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭JBnaglfar

New artwork revealed for the limited edition version of the album.

tumblr_loxho9royy1qa91dpo1_400.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Or full details of the limited edition released ...
    • CD/DVD housed in digi-pack with an alternative cover
    • 20" x 30" Lenticular Poster featuring the album cover of the standard CD
    • Augmented reality experience that will contain exclusive content only available to this package
    • Instant download of "Black Tongue"
    • Receive a download of "Curl Of The Burl", the first official single from The Hunter as soon as it becomes available.
    • This is a one time pressing. Once they are gone, no more will be created.

UK/Euro fans can pre-order it here for ~£32.99:
    http://store.ukundercurrent.com/store/products,the-hunter-limited-edition-package_917.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭soyawhatsup

Machine Head's new album out the same day as the Hunter, can't f***in wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Next single "Curl of the Burl" is out soon.

There's a short preview here.

It sounds very accessible compared to singles from other albums of theirs. I like it, though. It has a cool, catchy sound.

Jako8 wrote: »
    Next single "Curl of the Burl" is out soon.

There's a short preview here.

It sounds very accessible compared to their other singles from other albums. I like it, though. It has a cool, catchy sound.

Does this work for anyone else, or is it just me?

EDIT: right I see the problem. The site is this http://fuckyeahmastodon.tumblr.com/

So the swear filter scuppered the link there.

As for the song, that seems like a real grower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

Does this work for anyone else, or is it just me?

EDIT: right I see the problem. The site is this http://fuckyeahmastodon.tumblr.com/

So the swear filter scuppered the link there.

As for the song, that seems like a real grower.

Ah sugar, I'll fix that. Didn't know the swear filter worked on links.

This augmented reality thingy that comes with the special edition just seems to be messing around with a webcam and putting yourself into the album artwork. Other than that, there doesn't seem like much else to the special edition to justify paying close to €50 on it.

I see that Play have a CD/DVD special edition for €11.49, which is a good price and the DVD is the only thing that I want from the special edition.

Anyone know if I pre-order the CD will it arrive on the day that the CD is actually released or do I have to wait the normal delivery time and then have it a couple of days after?

I know, the CD won't be released for another month, just curious...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

New snippet is class....man September rocks so much I'm gonna be broke

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

what a cool song and video :D

• Advertisement

First single from the album, Curl of the Burl:

http://soundcloud.com/abruptum018/mastodon-curl-of-the-burl

Probably not gonna stay up for long though, it was just taken down from youtube.

Advertisement