Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Bank statement,

Options
  • 28-06-2011 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,756 ✭✭✭✭

Iv heard that a lot of letting agency's are looking for bank statements from people when they are looking to rent place's is this common practise ? and do most people give them but with everything blacked out bar where it shows that your actully being payed into your bank ?

Surley what you do with your money is no ones biz but your own, although i do understand they have a need to know that you can afford the rent, but would i be right in thinking just showing that you are beining payed is enough,

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭xper

Are you sure they are not asking for a bank reference rather than a bank statement? A bank reference letter does not go into specifics of your transactions. It'll simply state that you are a customer in good standing (presuming you are) of the bank since whenever and that you are who you say you are. It may also include a vague statement regarding the account balance in recent months (you might check with your bank about this exactly). There may be a small fee for the letter.

That, combined with a reference from your employer (which effectively shows you have an income), should satisfy any agency or landlord as to your capapbility of paying the rent.

I simply would not do business with any agency or landlord that insisted on nosing through my bank statement. Its absolutely none of their business.

Advertisement