Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Slow down!

• 28-06-2011 1:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

I've just been thinking about how much house/techno has slowed down in the past 6-7 years. Techno in particular, but even house feels slower in 'tone', even if there hasn't been a drastic change in BPM.

I love banging music at a festival, but by and large I've no interest in even slightly fast music anymore, and I used to live for it. I'd say it's because I'm getting older, but I bet there's people much older than me on this forum who love their techno, D&B, whatever.

Different strokes I guess.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I've just been thinking about how much house/techno has slowed down in the past 6-7 years. Techno in particular, but even house feels slower in 'tone', even if there hasn't been a drastic change in BPM.

I love banging music at a festival, but by and large I've no interest in even slightly fast music anymore, and I used to live for it. I'd say it's because I'm getting older, but I bet there's people much older than me on this forum who love their techno, D&B, whatever.

Different strokes I guess.

What do you think?

As a rule, I generally don't like techno over about 132.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

pffft-lightweight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

francois wrote: »
    pffft-lightweight!

I found myself comfortably head-nodding at a smooth 110 BPM yesterday. Time for the pipe and slippers methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

I have to call it quits at 133.75bpm. Too rich for my blood after that…

ThirdMan wrote: »
    I found myself comfortably head-nodding at a smooth 110 BPM yesterday. Time for the pipe and slippers methinks.

You don't go to a club to nod your head comfortably though do you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

haven't listened to either house or techno in i don't know how long at this stage, think the minimal scene ruined techno (for me anyway), prefer bangin techno and house to some of the stuff bein churned out these days, sounds very bland and lacking in energy compared with a few years ago. drum n bass & j-tek are really the only forms of new music i still love, but of course, every1 to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Anything under 132 aint techno;)

BTW, the reason for the slowdown is that the amphetamines have been replaced with Ketamine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Anything under 132 aint techno;)

BTW, the reason for the slowdown is that the amphetamines have been replaced with Ketamine.

125 :pac:

Yeah, people doing Ket is wrecking nights out, especially the afterparty culture. Afterparties these days are 90% full of people sitting in the corner on ket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

especially the afterparty culture.

Since when did partying after being out become 'a culture' in itself? I thought life was one big endless party when your in your 20's, was when i was anyway, the culture was partying all the time wherever.
    Afterparties these days are 90% full of people sitting in the corner on ket.

Well its better than them sitting in the corner smoking gear:eek:

Since when did partying after being out become 'a culture' in itself? I thought life was one big endless party when your in your 20's, was when i was anyway, the culture was partying all the time wherever.

ket is horrible stuff key.

• Advertisement

es-cee wrote: »

Depends on what your after really, some great hallucinogenic properties, but i would stick with the LSD over it all right.

Sure ive been in plenty a party, or after party, having consumed a few LSD and all you do is trip your nut off, different strokes for different folks.

I thought life was one big endless party when your in your 20's, was when i was anyway, the culture was partying all the time wherever.:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Got lost in a very deep k hole one night, complete out of body experiences, wild halluciantions and some rather unpleasant disassociative effects,not to mention the anesthetic effects coming down, rather like a visit to the dentist but with the numbing feeling all over slowly turning to pins and needles

Yeah the fooker would always be annoying for a light and stealing your lighter on ya. The mouldy old bollocks

richardgere012304a.JPG

I remember being in the OLYMPIC getting really trippy yokes, it was ages after someone said to me they were most likley pure KET, not sure why i never mentioned it in the post below,:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56419386&postcount=2732

Check out the two attached flyers ive had for years also

francois wrote: »
    Got lost in a very deep k hole one night, complete out of body experiences, wild halluciantions and some rather unpleasant disassociative effects,not to mention the anesthetic effects coming down, rather like a visit to the dentist but with the numbing feeling all over slowly turning to pins and needles

was in a bad k hole myself one time and haven't touched it since. couldn't move or react to anythin that was goin on around me even tho i was fully aware what people were sayin to me. not a nice experience either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭ianuss

was in a bad k hole myself one time and haven't touched it since. couldn't move or react to anythin that was goin on around me even tho i was fully aware what people were sayin to me. not a nice experience either.

strange that an animal tranquilizer would do that isn't it?.....

White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane
    One pill makes you larger
    And one pill makes you small
    And the ones that mother gives you
    Don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice
    When she's ten feet tall

And if you go chasing rabbits
    And you know you're going to fall
    Tell 'em a hookah smoking caterpillar
    Has given you the call
    Call Alice
    When she was just small

When men on the chessboard
    Get up and tell you where to go
    And you've just had some kind of mushroom
    And your mind is moving slow
    Go ask Alice
    I think she'll know

When logic and proportion
    Have fallen sloppy dead
    And the White Knight is talking backwards
    And the Red Queen's "off with her head!"
    Remember, what the dormouse said;
    "Keep YOUR HEAD,
    Keep your head"

Remember, what the dormouse said;
    "Keep YOUR HEAD,
    Keep your head"

The last two lines of that song are 'Feed your head' not 'Keep your head'. Smoking Gere told me one night when we were sitting in the corner…

ianuss wrote: »
    strange that an animal tranquilizer would do that isn't it?.....

yup

• Advertisement

The last two lines of that song are 'Feed your head' not 'Keep your head'. Smoking Gere told me one night when we were sitting in the corner…

Ahh your taste in music is quality, i actually have the CD here beside me & knew that, just copied & pasted it over from a lyrics site.

Ahh your taste in music is quality, i actually have the CD here beside me & knew that, just copied & pasted it over from a lyrics site.

One of the ultimate songs from the sixties. Excellent stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I remember gettin into an awful ket mess years back. A buddy gave me 2 yokes, smiley faces IIRC, which i promptly swallowed and then he said "Now only take half at a time, they're full of K". Ooops. Someone told me afterwards that swallowing it when you have alcohol in yer belly increases the sedative effect of both. All i know is i spent half an hour sitting in a doorway opposite the GPO in Galway unable to lift my head for fear of the spins. When i finally got together enough to get a taxi the bastard driver wouldn't slow down across speed bumps and roundabouts and I ended up projectile vomiting across the back of his seat and all down his shirt. He fired me headfirst out of the cab and punched me for good luck and drove off without taking my money. Didn't feel the punch thanks to the ket :) I felt much better after the puke too and then i realised I was literally straight across the road from the house. Result!!! And I never touched Ketamine again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

I reckon if you maintain a healthy interest in both techno and death metal then you'll never want the bpm to slow down :D

re White Rabbit, check out the older version Grace Slick did with the Great Society for something more trippy/sloppy/noodlingy

the Airplane version is the biz though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Daroxtar wrote: »
    I remember gettin into an awful ket mess years back. A buddy gave me 2 yokes, smiley faces IIRC, which i promptly swallowed and then he said "Now only take half at a time, they're full of K". Ooops. Someone told me afterwards that swallowing it when you have alcohol in yer belly increases the sedative effect of both. All i know is i spent half an hour sitting in a doorway opposite the GPO in Galway unable to lift my head for fear of the spins. When i finally got together enough to get a taxi the bastard driver wouldn't slow down across speed bumps and roundabouts and I ended up projectile vomiting across the back of his seat and all down his shirt. He fired me headfirst out of the cab and punched me for good luck and drove off without taking my money. Didn't feel the punch thanks to the ket :) I felt much better after the puke too and then i realised I was literally straight across the road from the house. Result!!! And I never touched Ketamine again

Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭ThirdMan

You don't go to a club to nod your head comfortably though do you?

Eh, no, mustn't take everything literally Android, there's a lad..

milltown wrote: »
    Everything_went_better_than_expected.png

May i respectfully request that we dont bring them ridicoulous, crap drawing, attempts at humour that litter the YLYL thread around here, they really are the most insanley boring & geeky shíte the internet has to offer.

With respect.

May i respectfully request that we dont bring them ridicoulous, crap drawing, attempts at humour that litter the YLYL thread around here, they really are the most insanley boring & geeky shíte the internet has to offer.

With respect.

8502827.jpg

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

some funny stories alright, only tried ekt once, in timewarp 2010.

deffo a nono for them crappy ****in memes from ylyl, they ruined wat was once a good thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

With respect.

okay-face.jpg

copeyhagen wrote: »
    some funny stories alright, only tried ekt once, in timewarp 2010.

deffo a nono for them crappy ****in memes from ylyl, they ruined wat was once a good thread.

But we use them ironically, like the hipsters…

I awoke one morning after a night of debauchery to be told what I got up to that previous night. Seemingly I had spent the night rolling imaginary joints and getting very annoyed when people wouldn't accept them off me. I then proceeded to try and break into my flatmate's wardrobe where I was going to find Narnia until they distracted me with a multi-plug that I tried to play with like a Rubik's Cube before I passed out…

Grreat days!

8502827.jpg

;)

Clap........clap......................clap..................................

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ket always had the weirdest effect on me, normally about 2 hours after someone takes it i become completely convinced they are a total asshole.

Weird.

Clap........clap......................clap..................................

cartoon_bowing_dude.jpg

• Advertisement

cartoon_bowing_dude.jpg

You razor shrap comedic edge via the written word is becoming dulled with such diluted visual attempts at humour, i know this will only compel you to post this nonsense further so i will make this my last opposing post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Only tried ket for the first time 3 weeks ago. Nasty nasty stuff, worse experience than Salvia which I didn't think possible :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I remember being in the OLYMPIC getting really trippy yokes, it was ages after someone said to me they were most likley pure KET, not sure why i never mentioned it in the post below,:confused:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56419386&postcount=2732

Check out the two attached flyers ive had for years also

was that them Special K yokes out around 1993 i done one of them and was skagged to bits all night :( horrible things, i too have tried Ketamine and gone into that horrible K hole never again.

jonnny68 wrote: »
    was that them Special K yokes out around 1993 i done one of them and was skagged to bits all night :( horrible things, i too have tried Ketamine and gone into that horrible K hole never again.

No green clovers, the guy sold them to the entire OLYMPIC i would say & everyone was mental out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Ket always had the weirdest effect on me, normally about 2 hours after someone takes it i become completely convinced they are a total asshole.

Weird.

ket turns me into a total retart, i try to avoid it like the plague, but unfortunately most of the crap pills ive taken over the last few years seem to be laced with it

• Advertisement

Out of interest, what is there to recommend ket? I've tried most things (back in the day) but have yet to hear of a single reason why ket is worth a spin round the block.

Like if someone said 'I behaved like a total arsehole but kept cumming for hours' then maybe :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

old gregg wrote: »
    Out of interest, what is there to recommend ket?

In my opinion, nothing at all...it's a **** drug.

The most annoying thing about it is it's quite a strong dissociative, but people will take it in very public/social occassions, like gigs or house parties...and then wander around the place, completely out of it, desperately trying to fight through it and talk to someone.

Getting trapped in a chat with a Ket head is pretty much like being stuck talking to a narcissistic, self obsessed moron with an IQ of 70.

Like if someone said 'I behaved like a total arsehole but kept cumming for hours' then maybe :p

It would be more likely a case of 'A guy rode my arsehole for hours and kept cumming…'

It would be more likely a case of 'A guy rode my arsehole for hours and kept cumming…'

well dip me in sh1t and roll me in breadcrumbs, can't say I like the sound of that. It sounds worse than the prospect of playing first receiver on the local bukake team :p

It sounds worse than the prospect of playing first receiver on the local bukake team :p

Is first receiver the guy who has to take it up the bum first?

Is first receiver the guy who has to take it up the bum first?
    worse

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

With respect.
    What about this?

Jigglinbuns.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

seen the that in the gifs thread alright, makes me wanna go home and interfere with myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

There's something very hypnotic about those kind of gifs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

I think we need a techno thread on here. Proper solid techno!

• Advertisement
Advertisement