Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too much movement?

Options
  • 28-06-2011 1:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

I'm 39 +4 days and just wondering if there is any such thing as the baby moving too much?? I spoke to my gyne about counting movement and he said 10 in one hour of activity but my baby could stay moving for two or three hours at a time!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭deeduck48

I'm 39 +4 days and just wondering if there is any such thing as the baby moving too much?? I spoke to my gyne about counting movement and he said 10 in one hour of activity but my baby could stay moving for two or three hours at a time!!!!!
    congrats, im only 31wks so im not sure if its relevant to you but my baby moves for hours too!!! especially at night:( its not just kicking, i mean actually tumbling or doing sommersaults!!:rolleyes: as far as i can gather from mother and aunts and sister in law, the more movement the better so im sticking with that!!:Dbut if worried you should ring the midves early in the morning (like around 7 or 8 when its not too busy) and they've seen and heard everything before 1000 times and are the best for advice as far as i can see:D but that might vary depending on hospital.the midwifes in Limerick regional mat. are more helpful than the doctors in the advice dept as was my experience when i rang one night with pain.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Hi OP,

My baby too was a pretty much constant mover, especially at night time. As a rule they do say you should feel 10 movements in 1 hours however my midwife told me that this would be for mothers that feel an 'average' amount of movement. If you notice a significant reduction in the amount of movement or are worried about it at all you should ring the hospital and explain your concerns just to be sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

10 movements in one hour minimum. .. obviously the baby will sleep too and that's usually when you're moving around. If you don't feel movement then it's usual to have a sweet drink like orange juice and then see if it wake s the baby up. a few hours movement would be normal as you feel it more when the baby is big. No movement in a few hours would set off bells if juice and poking didn't work. . my last baby i thought was trying to escape for the last 2 months, he was so active. . hurt too he's so strong, it was a sign too he's a lunatic, never walks anywhere, runs. . and climbs and escapes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

cbyrd wrote: »
    my last baby i thought was trying to escape for the last 2 months, he was so active. . hurt too he's so strong, it was a sign too he's a lunatic, never walks anywhere, runs. . and climbs and escapes :D

Noooooooooooooooooooo!!!:eek: Don't say that! I have one toddler who was lovely and placid during the pregnancy and he's turned out to be a wild one....this current babs is kicking the hell out of me 24/7 (slight exaggeration ;) ) if he turns out to be more of a lunatic than the first one, I'm going to be a quivering wreck this time next year :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, my baby was the same. Literally could kick and move for hours at a time! I think the ten movement a day thing is more meant to be about everything being ok once u feel at least ten movements in a day. I mentioned it to my midwife that my son never stopped and he said that was great! He is two weeks old now and came out perfect so i guess he was right. A friend of mine is pregnant now, 6 months gone and she rarely feels her baby moving due to the location of the placemta or something, anyway even though she's had numerous scans and spoke to docs about it, its still very worrying for her so count urself lucky and just enjoy all the kicks and movement. I really think it helps bonding too. I used to lightly press where ,my baby pushed out and he would push really hard when i did it. It was like he was saying hi, i used to love it:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement