Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin Marathon 31/10/2011

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was great out cheering. Think I've lost my voice!
    Our young fella was giving out jellies & everyone was so nice to him -
    Raycun looked fresh as a daisy at almost 16miles :D
    Ultraman stopped to say hello when he saw our sign.

Did you explain the sign to her?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭Dotcomdolly

robinph wrote: »
    Did you explain the sign to her?

I did worry about the propriety of it :D:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Harden The Fudge Up? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

Just back from Templeogue road. Saw loads of boardies and BHAA runners, actually some saw me before I saw them:). After a while faces become a blur. A guy collapsed close to where I was - 15-16 miles, he looked like he hit the 'wall', a bit early but he was staggering around the road before he went down. Taken away but was able to walk into the amblance so looked OK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭nerraw1111

Three hour pacers got in around 2.59. 315 looked to be on pace too. Great work

What is Tony on about 'Total mess, total shambles'? about the finish area. Looks OK to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tommygunn

Is there an online tracker? Any way to get results of people in?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,118 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

nerraw1111 wrote: »
    Three hour pacers got in around 2.59. 315 looked to be on pace too. Great work

The pacers have been getting a good mention.

My suggestion for next year would be to stick the pacers photo on the balloons so we can spot which balloon is being dragged along by which pacer. :D

• Advertisement

gerard65 wrote: »

I couldn't get the live tracker to work so am anxiously F5'ing!

eta Just saw Raycun on the telly 2 rows ahead of 3:30 balloon - the excitement!!!

Oh bum
    503 CUNNINGHAM RAY IRL MS 03:34:17 03:34:17

Hope he's not too dissapointed :( Still a great time & 25 minutes off last year.

Raycun in 3:34

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Claralara 3:55:31- brilliant! (Gun time, not chip)

How about jc'smum? I can't rem her surname!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭seanynova

anyone know how the sub2:50 guys got on? tds wont work for me.

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

:eek: Hunnymonster= amazing. Second marathon since baby- sub 4:eek::eek:

gerard65 wrote: »
    Raycun in 3:34
    Just got a text , tds is showing his gun time. He did it in 3:29!!! Wrecked him and he had to lie down in medical tent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

Saw RayCun with the 3.30 pacers at 20 (rather he saw me!) He looked well in control, fair play to him for getting the 3.30
    Saw a heap of other folks and a few Boards tops that I tried to encourage.
    First time really at a marathon, it was inspiring enough watching all the folk running and struggling by. I even helped a few stretch out cramps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭plodder

ThisRegard wrote: »
    "Marty, would ya get away from me you fool, there's plenty of people an hour behind me only too willing to stop for a rest and inane musings.".
    Saw that too. And asking one guy what time he was aiming for ..What an eejit.

plodder wrote: »
    Saw that too. And asking one guy what time he was aiming for ..What an eejit.

Did someone actually say that to him? :D I missed that.

Saw a guy who had run every DCM, and looked as if he'd still be aiming for a fairly handy time, stood in the park getting interviewed. No way I'd be stopping.

Doesn't Denise Lewis do some of the roving reporter stuff in London but will run along with you for a bit so you don't have to stop? I'd maybe stop to chat to her for a moment. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭ElectraX

Was amazed how many people were stopping to be interviewed:confused::confused:And alot of them were hoping for sub 3.15, sub 3.30...I couldn't afford to stop for a second, my legs would completely seize up!!! Well done to everyone today, tough conditions for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Abhainn 2:43 not bad after the recent months real LIFE activity this man has had ot endure. Fair play and beautifully paced too

Well done to the pacers, a quick check shows a job well done again. Good stuff out of Mr Mod Raycun too and all the boards lot. Couldn't run today so just wore my boards ac tee out shopping :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Anyone else noticing missing people/ times on tds :confused: A few people I know seem to have disappeared after half marathon. hopefully it's an error :( There are too many of them for it to be anything else.

littlebug wrote: »
    Anyone else noticing missing people/ times on tds :confused: A few people I know seem to have disappeared after half marathon. hopefully it's an error :( There are too many of them for it to be anything else.
    Yep, can't find a couple of people I know who were running. Hope they finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭metamorphosis

Despite the rib little crackage and not one run over 13 miles in a long time , i came home in 3.14.40. Was with the 3.15 lads the whole way and chatted to them all at one stage or another. I remember saying to Krusty at around mile 10 i think that i could run at this pace all day long, still by mile 22 i was feeling it.

Enjoyed it much more sopaking it in for first 18 miles. Toilet stop twice. Was slightly freaking about not having my usual pre race 'dump' luckily it didnt rear irs head during the race!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

I was out supporting, shouting like a loon at everyone. I started running out of things to say, so ended up just shouting "leggit" at lots of people. Had a few runners ask for a lend of my bike :) gave me a giggle.

Me hands are killing me from clapping, cheering is tough stuff. I'll have to run it next year, looks easier :p.

Well done to everyone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Birdie Num Num

Picked up a Garmin watch dropped by a participant on the course. Dropped at the Water station on the Chapelizod road. If anyone here thinks it's theirs or knows of someone who lost it get in touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

Did Tunguska run?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

seanynova wrote: »
    anyone know how the sub2:50 guys got on? tds wont work for me.

thanks

3:07 for me....knew I was in trouble after 11/12 miles but glad I finished as really enjoyed the last 800m. Did not enjoy miles 15 on when I knew my B target of 2:55 was beyond reach.

No excuses....2:50 just wasn't in the legs today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

Did Tunguska run?

I think he may have had some problems at half way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

captain P wrote: »

Me hands are killing me from clapping, cheering is tough stuff.

Haha me too! I was at the 5 mile and then headed off on my bike to the 25 mile point. Well done to all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭earlyevening

Got my sub 3. 2:58,16 on my watch. Am delighted. Didn't think I'd do it when the pacers started to leave me at about 18 but somehow I caught them and overtook them.

Nearly cried at the finishline! :)

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and commiserations to those who fell short. We've all had our good and bad days. We'll all be back again (I'm sure).

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/125555036

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

3:16 for me-

Had the mother of all blow ups at 18- I was on target for a 2:56/ 2:57 but the strength just wasn't there. Had to have a massive HTFU gut check with myself to even finish this one so glad I made it through as its good to get the 1st marathon out of the way.

I certainly have the leg speed to run faster but my endurance needs some work. The pain from 20-26.2 was pretty much the worst I've ever experienced. Congrats Early Evening thats a great run- everyone else who hit their targets well done!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Got my sub 3. 2:58,16 on my watch. Am delighted. Didn't think I'd do it when the pacers started to leave me at about 18 but somehow I caught them and overtook them.

Nearly cried at the finishline! :)

Congrats to everyone who got what they wanted and commiserations to those who fell short. We've all had our good and bad days. We'll all be back again (I'm sure).

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/125555036

that's great running on what seems to have been a very tough day. well done.

You had it well in hand with those mile times, although it is a good example of the fact that you need to run faster than 6:52 on your Garmin in order to run the sub 3hr time.

What was going on at mile 22 though? Stick the roller skates on for the downhill?

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Despite the rib little crackage and not one run over 13 miles in a long time , i came home in 3.14.40. Was with the 3.15 lads the whole way and chatted to them all at one stage or another. I remember saying to Krusty at around mile 10 i think that i could run at this pace all day long, still by mile 22 i was feeling it.

Enjoyed it much more sopaking it in for first 18 miles. Toilet stop twice. Was slightly freaking about not having my usual pre race 'dump' luckily it didnt rear irs head during the race!

Well done man.... Nice to meet u and great performance considering ur preparation....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭sideswipe

What was going on at mile 22 though? Stick the roller skates on for the downhill?

I was wondering about 22 myself. The gradient profile shows its a mainly downhill section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,209 ✭✭✭Sosa

Gringo78 wrote: »
    3:07 for me....knew I was in trouble after 11/12 miles but glad I finished as really enjoyed the last 800m. Did not enjoy miles 15 on when I knew my B target of 2:55 was beyond reach.

No excuses....2:50 just wasn't in the legs today.

I was hoping to read about a good day for you today....sorry to hear it didnt work out to plan....what happened ? Injury ....
    With you having no log i have no idea what your prep was like but anytime you posted you sounded confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 872 ✭✭✭grahamor

I'm sorry if this is the wrong forum but i've noticed my urine is almost totally red after the race.

<mod> not so much the wrong forum as the wrong place. Look for advice from a medical professional rather than the internet <mod>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 711 ✭✭✭cwgatling

you need to run faster than 6:52 on your Garmin in order to run the sub 3hr time.

Great point.

Well done EE. Beast of a time.

Fair play for sticking it out Drquirky, that will stand to you, make no mistake about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭hawkwing

3 stars (average)
    littlebug wrote: »
    No time up for me although after such a pathetic cramp filled race from 14 miles maybe just as well.Is it me or were more people getting cramp than the last 3 years,had to run along the side for 12 miles in order to stretch as the legs were going from under me.Also --was in a ball of sweat for first 6 but took loads of drinks and gels so that was not the cause of the cramp..Anyways happy in the end to finish,medal is nice.

I was wondering about 22 myself. The gradient profile shows its a mainly downhill section.

Just had a look at my times from last year and mile 22 is faster than any others in the second half. You had way more consistent pace throughout than I had managed last year for my similar finishing time. Great effort.

Now get ye to the pub. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭Kone

3:24...

I didn't hit the 3:15 I was hoping for, things went a little pear-shaped at mile 18 and I never really recovered, not to worry, there's always the next one!

Congratulations to everyone who hit their targets (and to everyone who finished), see you all again next year!

Now get ye to the pub. :D

Already had a pint in MCGrattans. Home now for a shower, (only 10 mins away).

I was chatting to a fella in the pub - finished in 3:00,00 - even showed me his garmin. Sickener! :eek:
    Can only hope chip time might have been 1 sec faster. +he hadn't gone sub 3 before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Gringo78

Sosa wrote: »

I was hoping to read about a good day for you today....sorry to hear it didnt work out to plan....what happened ? Injury ....
    With you having no log i have no idea what your prep was like but anytime you posted you sounded confident.

Prob just took it too hard too early when today's conditions called for a sizeable negative split. Training was a bit lacking but more done than last year. Just too ambitious a first half. Once 2:55 was gone there was no incentive to push too hard, time flys away easily then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

763 pics here
    I ran out of memory. I finished up just before the 3:45 pacers went by 25km so hopefully you're in there.

Woddle wrote: »
    763 pics here
    I ran out of memory. I finished up just before the 3:45 pacers went by 25km so hopefully you're in there.

And you've tagged them all I presume ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement