Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub for Klitschko v Haye

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Joe blogger

trashtalk is all well and good

but haye is claiming that this will be a great fight

to me that makes no sense

if i was in a fight id be saying that i will knock the guy out in two seconds..... not that we will have a great fight

if you are fooled into thinking that these guys are genuinely enemies then you are very gullible

ps i have no issues with somebody having an interest in boxing or this fight

just those who buy into the hype spun by the promoters

you are making their jobs very very easy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

You mean....they did this...to make me WANT to watch the fight...my...my god....it's all so clear to me now......I don't want to watch it because I like boxing....I want to watch it because the promoters cleverly fooled me of course!

You mean....they did this...to make me WANT to watch the fight...my...my god....it's all so clear to me now......I don't want to watch it because I like boxing....I want to watch it because the promoters cleverly fooled me of course!
    Hayes response to the first question makes me want to see this.
    youtube link

tough break

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

trashtalk is all well and good

but haye is claiming that this will be a great fight

to me that makes no sense

if i was in a fight id be saying that i will knock the guy out in two seconds..... not that we will have a great fight

if you are fooled into thinking that these guys are genuinely enemies then you are very gullible

ps i have no issues with somebody having an interest in boxing or this fight

just those who buy into the hype spun by the promoters

you are making their jobs very very easy

No offence but do you follow boxing? I'm a big fan and this talk has gone on for years between the two, it's called getting inside the other fighters head. It's always been in boxing, it's not there just to sell the fight but to also shake the opponents mind.
    There's a boxer called Bernard Hopkins who is a legend at it, he's won fights before he's even stepped into the ring.
    What may appear to be scripted to you is actually real stuff, of course they have to sell the fight but mind games is one of the biggest parts of boxing. Haye has to try his best and put Wlad out of his stride as he's a very rigid fighter, if he gets him angry he may may mistakes that Haye can capitilise on.

Boooourns wrote: »
    No offence but do you follow boxing? I'm a big fan and this talk has gone on for years between the two, it's called getting inside the other fighters head. It's always been in boxing, it's not there just to sell the fight but to also shake the opponents mind.
    There's a boxer called Bernard Hopkins who is a legend at it, he's won fights before he's even stepped into the ring.
    What may appear to be scripted to you is actually real stuff, of course they have to sell the fight but mind games is one of the biggest parts of boxing. Haye has to try his best and put Wlad out of his stride as he's a very rigid fighter, if he gets him angry he may may mistakes that Haye can capitilise on.

at least read my posts

i have no problem with mind games

telling your opponent that it is going to be a great fight is not mind games, tactics or anything else..... its selling the fight

telling your opponent they wont get out of the first round can be considered trash talk or whatever name you choose to put on it

and again

i dont have a problem with selling the fight either

but to be sucked in by the hype and actually thinking that the guys hate each other and its going to be a brutal fight etc.... is embarrassing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭Boooourns

at least read my posts

i have no problem with mind games

telling your opponent that it is going to be a great fight is not mind games, tactics or anything else..... its selling the fight

telling your opponent they wont get out of the first round can be considered trash talk or whatever name you choose to put on it

and again

i dont have a problem with selling the fight either

but to be sucked in by the hype and actually thinking that the guys hate each other and its going to be a brutal fight etc.... is embarrassing

Haye is not very good at thrash talking, he's pretty poor at it tbh but there is genuine animosity there that's gone back 2 years, i know this because i follow the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,337 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Boooourns wrote: »
    Haye is not very good at thrash talking, he's pretty poor at it tbh but there is genuine animosity there that's gone back 2 years, i know this because i follow the sport.

He's awful at it!

Wlad : "promise me you'll come to the press conference after the fight"

Haye : "No, you promise you'll come to the press conference after the fight"

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Up2NoGood

rang Philly's, your man didn't know what I was talking about, any word on what pub will be showing this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

The uluru are showing it... and also an other pub. .. as mentioned before so I was informed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

I'm currently trying to find out if any of the lads are watching it in their gaff in town. No luck so far.

I wanna watch it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

south wrote: »
    The uluru are showing it... and also an other pub. .. as mentioned before so I was informed

fu*k it anyway that will be a lot of hassle getting up to ardkeen to watch it there, i plan on having a few bottles down the key.

anyone know of any pubs in around ballybricken or down by the key showing the fight?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I could see the toddle putting it on although I haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

ziedth wrote: »
    I could see the toddle putting it on although I haven't heard anything.

Ok, I'll drive past Norris' on the way to work. If anyone is near Ballybricken, can they see if Alfies have any notice up?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Up2NoGood wrote: »
    rang Philly's, your man didn't know what I was talking about, any word on what pub will be showing this?
    Sounds like usual Grimes to me. :P

I think the phone in there rings once a month.
    Daysha wrote: »
    I wanna watch it :(
    No luck so far. :(

At the moment I'm contemplating watching it on a stream at home.

As I said I'm going to a wedding in Dublin and I'm seriously considering bringing my laptop to the hotel and ducking out to watch it on a stream if I can find one.

It'll be hard tonfind though with the money sky and HBO(do they donthe fights in the US?) are charging people to watch it.

Drove past Norris' and there was a paper sign on the window that said Klitschko v Haye :)

I might ring Alfies and The Exchange as well...

That'd hardly be in 3D would it? They say boxing is deadly that way.

ziedth wrote: »
    That'd hardly be in 3D would it? They say boxing is deadly that way.

Christ, I hope not. Imagine you're about to put your pint to your mouth when all of a sudden you put your hand up to defend yourself from Klitschko's jab and the drink goes everywhere. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

gscully wrote: »
    Christ, I hope not. Imagine you're about to put your pint to your mouth when all of a sudden you put your hand up to defend yourself from Klitschko's jab and the drink goes everywhere. :o

Pffft sissy.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 momogendron

Yesterday I found one and mentioned it another post. The place is called Peader Kearney's and it was on Dame Street. I went by today to check it out and they will had big posters out front they said they will be showing it on a huge screen in the basement as well as another big flat screen. They told me they would have some big boxing machine in the front of the pub so it shouldn't be hard to miss if you are on Dame street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Change of plan - front lounge are getting it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Good stuff. Sounds like I'm sorted for tomorrow night so.

The power of boards!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Are they showing much of the undercard or just the main event?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭Gardner

south wrote: »
    grimes will be showning it

wouldnt think so, tom was caught piping in SKY a while back and he is certainly too hungry to fork out 130 quid to get the boxing in!

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Are they showing much of the undercard or just the main event?

Ah sure it'll be on for the night. Nothing else on

Sweet. It's a win-win as they can play Survivor all night and no-one will mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭alphapa

deadly i know where me and the lads are going so! havent been in there much do they have a big screen in there??? i take it they will have the sound on aswel no just the fight with a band on that would be a nightmare

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

They have a big screen. I'd say the band will start after the fight maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,049 ✭✭✭digzy

heffernans in kilcohan would have it if you're out there

Advertisement