Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English courses - CAO help!!!!!!

• 28-06-2011 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hey all.

I have applied to Arts in Maynooth and UCD. I've also applied to several other courses on my Level 8's, which may involve lots of essay writing (which I like) and so fort.

I also have pure English down, which is over 400 so I'm starting to panic as to whether or not I could get the points.

I've stated before I want to do Psychology but if nothing panns out on my CAO I will do English instead.

I'm wondering what would be the best colleges (non-private) to apply to where I could do Levels 6/7 English courses for less than 375 points?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Carlow College has a level 7 humanities course points are 270,
    the level 8 course is 300 and there is a level 8 English and History course that's 330.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭C__

English and History 385 in UL I believe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Curlyhatescurls

General arts in NUIG sounds right for you, it was 350 points last year and I believe you can take English and Psychology and two other subjects in first year. If you do well in your exams than you can go on to do pure psychology, if not than you will have english too.

Here- http://www.nuigalway.ie/courses/undergraduate-courses/arts.html

Pay particular attention to Note 5 towards the bottom of the page.

Advertisement