If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MARANTZ CLEARANCE - LATER TODAY - JUNE 28TH

Options
  • 28-06-2011 3:56pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Dear Boardies,

I'll be posting a list of new (& a few bits of Open Box) Marantz AV and Stereo kit later today here at Boardie clearance pricing.

Keep checking is - as ever it will be 1st come 1st served!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

:)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Guys as per earlier post - here is a blockbuster list of Recession busting Marantz Kit at the best prices I can find ANYWHERE online.

If you are interested please just pop a post on here AND please drop us a PM or an email to sales@richersounds.ie - all this kit is in-stock & ready to ship tomorrow and we will send anywhere in Ireland at just £9.99/unit

As ever first to Post - Get the product!

All this kit is Brand New Boxed unless clearly indicated otherwise and it all comes with a two year warranty.

1. MARANTZ BD5004 - Blu-Ray DVD Player Black
    Did retail at £449.95 - Boardie Deal - £259.95 (save approx 42%)
    picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9956
    (Only one available at this price - get cracking!)

2. MARANTZ BD7004 - Blu-Ray DVD Player - Black

Did retail at £699.95 - cheapest price online £599.95 - Boardie Deal - £469.95 (Save approx 33%)
    Read the What Hi-Fi - 5 Star review here

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9957

3. MARANTZ CD6003 - CD Player Black.
    Grab a bargain on the last run of this classic CD Player - Was £299.95 - Boardie Deal £229.95
    picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9958

( I have approx 10 of these units available)

4. MARANTZ M-CR502 Dab - Micro System (CD/Radio/USB)
    Again a real classic, quality bit of kit - Was £399.95 - Cheapest price anywhere - Boardie Deal just £299.95 - Save 25%
    picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9959

5. MARANTZ M-ER803 Compact Blu-Ray / Receiver system
    Cool bit of tech-Kit and soo much luxury & quality in a small package! Was £799.95 - Boardie Deal £499.95 - Save 37%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9960

6. MARANTZ NA7004 - Network Audio Player / Internet radio / Generally very clever bit of kit!
    Was £699.95 - Boardie Deal £499.95 Save 28%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9961
    See the What Hi-Fi 5 star review here
    ( I have approx 5 of these units available)

7. MARANTZ NR1501 Slimline AV 5.1 Receiver (Black)
    The very best option if you want a Great sounding AV Receiver bit you have limited space - now reduced to lowest ever price!
    Was £399.95 - Boardie Deal £229.95 save 42%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9963 ( I have approx 10 of these units available)

8. MARANTZ NR1601 Slimline AV 5.1 Receiver (Black)
    Even MORE quality & power than the excellent NR1501 and almost as compact!
    Was £499.95 - Boardie Deal £329.95 save 34%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9968( I have approx 8 of these units available)

9. MARANTZ PM5003 Stereo Amplifier (Black)
    Excellent Stereo AMP - Ex-Display Was £199.95 - Boardie deal £129.95
    picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9962

10. MARANTZ PM6003 Stereo Amplifier (Black)
    What Hi-fi 5 Star Amplifier of the year - 5 Star Award winner - Looks Great - Sounds even better!
    Was £299.95 - Boardie deal £229.95

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9967
    See the What Hi-Fi 5 Star review here

11. MARANTZ SA-KI PEARL LITE - CD / SACD PLAYER
    Complete top-end build quality and looks - 2 only available and Almost 1/2 price!

Was £999.95 - Boardie deal £599.95 Save 40%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9966

See the What Hi-Fi review at £1000 here!

12. MARANTZ SA7003 - SACD/CD Player (open box - last one)
    Top Quality bit of kit at a fraction of the original price!
    Was £599.95 - Boardie deal £199.95 save 65%

13. MARANTZ SR5005 - AV Receiver, 7.1 (Black)
    7 * 100 Watts of pure Marantz Quality, Power & Control

Was £649.95 - Boardie deal £469.95 Save 27%
    ( I have several of these units available)

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9970

Getting V serious Now!

14. MARANTZ SR7005 - AV Receiver, 7.1 (Black)

Was £1399.95 - Boardie deal £899.95 Save 35%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9971
    See What Hi-Fi £1400 review here
    ( Again I have several of these units available)

15. MARANTZ ST6003 FM/AM Tuner
    Was £199.95 - Boardie deal £129.95 Save 35%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9969

16. MARANTZ UD5005 - Blu-Ray universal Disc Player (Black - Slight damage)
    Cosmetic damage to unit - but fully guaranteed & Checked!
    Was £399.95 - Boardie deal £149.95 Save 37%

picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9964

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

no. 16 please, assuming everything is fine with it. what do you mean by cosmetic damage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

No. 12 please.

ablelocks wrote: »
    no. 16 please, assuming everything is fine with it. what do you mean by cosmetic damage?

Able,

Thanks for the post - the unit was damaged in transit and there are marks to the top of the unit and the packaging is damaged but it is a brand new unit and works 110%

Here is a pic of the marks / damage
    picture.php?albumid=1057&pictureid=9972

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

shayser wrote: »
    No. 12 please.

Shayser,

Good spotting (as ever!)

Thanks for the Biz as ever!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭ablelocks

thanks John, I'll go with that! do ye still have my contact details - send me a pm if not.

thanks
    able

ablelocks wrote: »
    thanks John, I'll go with that! do ye still have my contact details - send me a pm if not.

thanks
    able

Able,

Ah you should know at this stage that you don't escape my clutches that easy!

That will go great with the rest of your kit & I'll get Dave or Kenny to get you sorted out in the morning.

Thanks again,

John Mc

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭colferma

Dear John,

I'm interested in #10, the PM6003. Been looking for an entry level stereo amp rig for a while, and it's very tempting. I was wondering if you'd be able to recommend and to quote me some suitable speakers + decent wires? I'd be mostly playing flac and hi-res stuff straight from a computer (although without a DAC). For the speakers, something with some sparkle on the treble would be more appealling than bass-heavy, I have tired old ears...

Much appreciated,

M

colferma wrote: »
    Dear John,

I'm interested in #10, the PM6003. Been looking for an entry level stereo amp rig for a while, and it's very tempting. I was wondering if you'd be able to recommend and to quote me some suitable speakers + decent wires? I'd be mostly playing flac and hi-res stuff straight from a computer (although without a DAC). For the speakers, something with some sparkle on the treble would be more appealling than bass-heavy, I have tired old ears...

Much appreciated,

M

M,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay getting back to you.

Yep, the PM6003 is a super amplifier and to be honest is far better than 'entry level' :D - On the speaker front I would recommend the Monitor Audio BX2 which normally retail at £249.95 - http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Monitor-Audio-Bronze-BX2 - If you wanted these with the Marantz PM6003 I would do the combo at £399.95.

If you wanted to go a little further I would highly recommend the first of the Monitor Audio Silver Series, the RX1 they normally retail at £425 - these add the 25mm Gold Dome tweeter and they really do have a detailed high end whilst retaining great bass & the ability to go seriously loud! - http://www.whathifi.com/review/monitor-audio-silver-rx1 - they also are finished in a really high quality real wood veneer and they look almost as good as they sound! - I can do the PM6003 with the RX1 at just £529.95 (instead of £674)

In terms of interconnects & cables I would add 2 metres of matching Monitor Audio Purebi cable which normally retails at £9.95/meter at £16.95 - to give you a total of £546.90 - (call it £545)

Keep me posted if either of these combos grabs you fancy - we have them all available from stock ready to ship today,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hi John,

Can I be next in line for #12 if Shayser drops out or if you happen to find another one floating about the Belfast "megastore"? :)

Cheers.

Dear John,

Too tempting to resist. The PM6003 with the BX2s and the purebi cable sounds great. About the cable: would that mean 1m per speaker, or 2m per speaker? Also, about delivery: is there a cost difference between house delivery and picking it up at the Phillip's shop on Dame St?

Much thanks,

M

Hi John,

Can I be next in line for #12 if Shayser drops out or if you happen to find another one floating about the Belfast "megastore"? :)

Cheers.

Butter,

Long time no hear - about time that you topped-up on the kit count! ;)

Shayser is game ball for the SA7003 but if he does fall by the wayside - consider yourself next in line..

Thanks again and keep the faith,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Dear John,

Too tempting to resist. The PM6003 with the BX2s and the purebi cable sounds great. About the cable: would that mean 1m per speaker, or 2m per speaker? Also, about delivery: is there a cost difference between house delivery and picking it up at the Phillip's shop on Dame St?

Much thanks,

M

M,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you - net, slipped, screw-up, all come to mind ;) - and thanks for the PM last night.

Cable - happy to do 2 mtrs /speaker.
    Delivery - Same price to Home or Philips Shop collection, no problem.

Keep me posted and we promise to offer a swifter response this time

:D

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Thanks for getting back to me John. I'm gonna go with the amp and speakers definitely, I'm just not sure how much cable I'll need exactly. Is the usual thing that you ship out a certain amount and I cut it whatever way is best for the two speakers (maybe one shorter than the other), or do you send out two pieces of fixed lengths? Anywho, if you can give me a full quote for amp, speakers, cable (2m and 4m) and delivery here to the flat in Dublin that'd be great, and hopefully we can sort out payment this evening if it's not too late.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 15 NAYHA

hi John & RS Crew,

Got my Marantz NR1501 and Mission MX1 from your Belfast store yesterday, everybody is helpful and accomodating. The Marantz was working great. But one of the Mission MX1 speakers seems to be faulty. The speaker is failing the Auto Setup from the Marantz. I tried placing the speakers in different positions, front left, front right, rear left and rear right, but the same speaker fails everytime. Then I tried to setup only the fronts and center using my MV2 and MVC, setup completed successfully. Then I tried to replace the MV2 with the MX1, one of the MX1 sounds great but the other has a soft sound with buzzing noise, seems to be really faulty. If someone could help and give me a call with regards to my problem, anytime of the day is fine but hopefully in the morning. Many thanks.

What did I ever do ya John that you're not talking to me? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Colferma

Johns not ignoring you:) he's just been up to his ears today and is incommunicado.

He may well get a chance to take a breather later today and respond to your post but in the mean time you could try either Kenny or Dave in Richersounds on 04890 321 332.

hope that helps

Cheers
    Ash

Dear John,

Much thanks,

M

M,

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you - I have both Dave & Kenny missing in action all this week so the pressure is really on ( I'll be donig more Boards stuff tonight so please stay calm - I hope to wipe out the back log laters! ;))

Anyway as discussed earlier I can do the Marantz PM6003 / Monitor Audio BX2 / Monitor Audio Pure bi cable * 2 mtrs Combo at £399.95 + £14.95 for the cable & delivery would be just £9.99 - the cable we would leave uncut - however we would strongly recommend that both sides are cut to the same length!

Apologies again for the delay - and drop me a line if I can assist in any way,

Very best regards,

John Mc & Crew

Hey John,

Fair play for getting back to me, and you in the thick of things by yourself. I wouldn't have been teasing you had I known the other two lads were after abandoning you. :D

I'm just after checking the distances here in the room, and it looks like I'll be needing around 4m of cable to connect the farther speaker to the amp, so 8m of cable altogether. I don't suppose Monitor Audio purebi gets dramatically cheaper the more you buy of it? :pac: On the off chance that it doesn't, would you recommend an alternative cable for the BX2s, or is this stuff absolutely worth the money (in your opinion)?

Also, out of curiosity, how much would a nice DAC set me back? I'm really not sure if it's worth getting one this time -- the bank balance may well be traumatised enough with the amp and speakers -- but if there was a good bargain that would offer a significant upgrade from running the amp straight from the laptop, I'd consider it.

Thanks for all your help,

M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,650 ✭✭✭shayser

The SA7003 is signed, sealed and soon to be delivered. Thanks John.

Paired with the PM6003 + Monitor Audio BX5.

Any chance you could put them in the boot and deliver them yourself today? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Laker04

Hi Lads,

Is the ST6003 FM/AM Tuner in black by any chance? I have neither the room in my cabinet or the funds in the bank but for some reason I'm very interested...

Hey John,

Fair play for getting back to me, and you in the thick of things by yourself. I wouldn't have been teasing you had I known the other two lads were after abandoning you. :D

Colferma - no problem - yep I normally try to employ Robots - these humanoids are awful - need hols and days off etc - whats the world coming to? - Anyway I'm always up for a swift tease/kick in the arse especially if you are trying to get something ordered - so don't be bashful!
    I'm just after checking the distances here in the room, and it looks like I'll be needing around 4m of cable to connect the farther speaker to the amp, so 8m of cable altogether. I don't suppose Monitor Audio purebi gets dramatically cheaper the more you buy of it? :pac: On the off chance that it doesn't, would you recommend an alternative cable for the BX2s, or is this stuff absolutely worth the money (in your opinion)?

Believe it or not Monitor Audio Pure bi is actually our worst margin speaker cable as we have been trying to keep it under £10 for about the last 5 years now - I can do it at a push at £7.60/Meter if its bought with a system - To be honest though it's really amazing cable - but be warned that it's pretty substantial and may not pass the 'spouse' test - if you need something slightly less 'substantial' I'd go for the Ultra Micro which is excellent and not expensive at £2.99/Meter http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/ultra-micro/audi-ultramicro-200m I can do this at £2.09/Meter (again on a Boardie special if bought with a system)
    Also, out of curiosity, how much would a nice DAC set me back? I'm really not sure if it's worth getting one this time -- the bank balance may well be traumatised enough with the amp and speakers -- but if there was a good bargain that would offer a significant upgrade from running the amp straight from the laptop, I'd consider it.

Thanks for all your help,

M

ahhh now you are in trouble.... We have the NA7004 on a great deal at the moment! Reduced from £599.95 to £499.95 AND now with Airplay included as standard - this is the dogs dangly bits - obviously MUCH more than a standard Dac http://www.whathifi.com/Review/Marantz-NA7004/ !

Alternatively we also have the HIGHLY reviewed Cambridge Audio Dacmagic at just £229.95 which What HiFi summed up by concluding - 'One of the best Dacs we have ever tested'
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-dacmagic

Keep Mc Posted..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

shayser wrote: »
    The SA7003 is signed, sealed and soon to be delivered. Thanks John.

Paired with the PM6003 + Monitor Audio BX5.

Any chance you could put them in the boot and deliver them yourself today? :)

Struggling to contain my jealousy............:(

Struggling to contain my jealousy............:(

Well Mr Ski - not like you to miss out on a screamer of a bargain but you know that somewhere in a dark unvisited corner of RS towers I have a box with your name on it that you don't even know you want or need Yet....

...But it will be resting in Butterski castle before too long..

ATVB,

John Mc

BTW - Interesting article you sent over - apologies - I should have responded sooner! Many thanks, JMc

Laker04 wrote: »
    Hi Lads,

Is the ST6003 FM/AM Tuner in black by any chance? I have neither the room in my cabinet or the funds in the bank but for some reason I'm very interested...

Laker,

I have only one ST6003 on left on display and DOH - it's silver! but at £129.95 it's a cracker of a dealette!

Keep me posted if you would like to snaffle it (it's very slim & inexpensive you know ;))

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Well Mr Ski - not like you to miss out on a screamer of a bargain but you know that somewhere in a dark unvisited corner of RS towers I have a box with your name on it that you don't even know you want or need Yet....

...But it will be resting in Butterski castle before too long..

ATVB,

John Mc

BTW - Interesting article you sent over - apologies - I should have responded sooner! Many thanks, JMc

No worries on the article, glad it was of some interest. Also sending you as PM later today which may be of interest too.

Yeah, laughing (almost) as the day these went live I was actually in Belfast and recommending RS to a colleague who wanted to upgrade from his 8 track (slight exaggeration admittedly, but only slight)............:)

As regards needs and/or wants - when did they ever feature in my thinking?!!!!!!!

Believe it or not Monitor Audio Pure bi is actually our worst margin speaker cable as we have been trying to keep it under £10 for about the last 5 years now - I can do it at a push at £7.60/Meter if its bought with a system - To be honest though it's really amazing cable - but be warned that it's pretty substantial and may not pass the 'spouse' test - if you need something slightly less 'substantial' I'd go for the Ultra Micro which is excellent and not expensive at £2.99/Meter http://www.richersounds.com/product/speaker-cables/cambridge-audio/ultra-micro/audi-ultramicro-200m I can do this at £2.09/Meter (again on a Boardie special if bought with a system). [...]

Alternatively we also have the HIGHLY reviewed Cambridge Audio Dacmagic at just £229.95 which What HiFi summed up by concluding - 'One of the best Dacs we have ever tested'
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/cambridge-audio-dacmagic

Dang, tough decisions. I'll be gone for the guts of tomorrow John which will give me time to think about the cables, but I may as well chance my arm with this question about the DAC: I see its £230 on the rs website, so is there any chance of a boardie discount on that if I get the amp and speakers on top? :cool: I see here on post 7 someone mentions picking one up in richersounds for £199, and I see that figure listed as RRP on a few sites. (Well, after reading the above forum I typed in 'dacmagic £199' in google and got what I was looking for, but still... :p)

Much thanks,

M

Dang, tough decisions. I'll be gone for the guts of tomorrow John which will give me time to think about the cables, but I may as well chance my arm with this question about the DAC: I see its £230 on the rs website, so is there any chance of a boardie discount on that if I get the amp and speakers on top? :cool: I see here on post 7 someone mentions picking one up in richersounds for £199, and I see that figure listed as RRP on a few sites. (Well, after reading the above forum I typed in 'dacmagic £199' in google and got what I was looking for, but still... :p)

Much thanks,

M

M,

No harm chancing the arm, but the Dacmagic at £229.95 is as tight as I can go - Richer UK are clearing all their silver Demo stocks at £199.95 - but we have already cleared ours & I only have the black available.

The 'Boardie discount' has already been worked into the amp/speaker pack - but as earlier - no harm trying!

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

I am interested in the DAC. Can you tell me if it makes much of a difference audio wise if I I connect it to my Mac? My speakers are Audioengine A2s.

Also is there a cheaper one?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.