Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monster Crop

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

What is wrong with that feeding regime, mostly forage and only 3 kgs of meal with some brewers, come on, that diet is only possible with excellent forage, which at €100-120 acre for contractor is only possible with own machinery. I'd challenge anyone to make a winter diet more competitive.

This is Stan question but I have similar setup except bales and no brewers, the production and health benefits of good forage need to be seen to be believed, unfortunately most of ours this year won't be spectacular

Not finding fault with the feeding regime just stating that you would have to get 5c/l above current manufacturing price to cover the cost of extra feed on every litre of milk supplied i.e. Liquid contract for full supply whilst feeding, the winter diet is competitive but growing maize needs to be rewarded with higher milk price.

I disagree about the health benefits of good forage unless it's been used for milk production, putting on condition, for finishing cattle. Condition score is much more important as too fat or too thin leads to alot of health problems in cattle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭funny man

funny man wrote: »
    [/B]

plus cows are healthier ;healthier than what?
    calving interval reduced;reduced from what?
    and less recycled cows; what percentage?

oh and more of a milk cheque as money is what were after at the end of the day:)
    Totally agree, but at what cost, would have to get at least a 5c/l bonus on every litre of milk supplied to cover that feeding regime. owned machinery dosn't make it cheap!

never got answers here!

Advertisement