Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Question

Options
  • 28-06-2011 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭

Hi Guy's, Not to sure if this is the right places to ask, apologies if it's not.

Is it ok to have more than one boards account per household? I always thought it wasn't but I'm getting heckled by the other people in my house about having their own account, each of us use a different computer if that helps.
    If it's not ok could you recommend a solution please?

Cheers,
    Pat.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Accounts are per person, not household, so multiple people in a household can have their own account each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Spear wrote: »
    Accounts are per person, not household, so multiple people in a household can have their own account each.

Thanks for that Spear, Jebus for two years I've been saying no, oops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Can I just ask a question here. Supposing one of Pats housemates gets banned for what ever reason and then his IP matches their IP and he gets banned as a result.

I have seen this in the prison forum a few times where people claim they share a computer???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Can I just ask a question here. Supposing one of Pats housemates gets banned for what ever reason and then his IP matches their IP and he gets banned as a result.

I have seen this in the prison forum a few times where people claim they share a computer???

They're not automatically banned, just because one is banned. If the accounts are being used to sock puppet, evade bans or other such abuses, then they'll be censured also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Cheers.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement