Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Traffic Wardens giving tickets out at start of school

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Celbridge Life

boxerly wrote: »
    People in that estate even give out if ye drive in to collect your child from playschool (in that estate) ???I know a woman who had a very very sick child and it was lashing out and she was heavily pregnant so she parked outside the playschool and there were complaints made ??Yes the parking at the school is terrible and as for the idiots who park accross the paths ?The warden said hes been there for 2 weeks ?Why wasnt something said to them? or the ones who reverse out where the kids are crossing?? The whole system up there is a joke.The residents of that estate arent angels either !!Myself and my kids have nearly been hit by one or two residents flying around the corner and look at ye as if to say "its my road",others have said it aswell.There is also a drug dealer in that estate who deals at the school ?but yet were told "ah hes a great lad he helps with the clean up days"His costumers fly up and down the road off their heads?Yes guards were told !

Well this is confusing now ! You agree that parking up at the school is a joke, it annoys you that they park across the path also and you don't like the way they reverse where the kids cross but yet you're put out by the fact that residents (from 3 estates if you must know) complained about the parking on the double yellow lines! Also, if you don't park irresponsibly why do you have an issue with this at all? As for your serious allegations about someone 'dealing' who lives in one of the estates, well, the residents meet with Celbridge gardai from time to time and would be more than happy to refer them to you or perhaps you should present your concerns to that person directly. Ultimately this should not be a 'bitch fest', this is strictly about preventing any accidents at all costs and if my child is kept safe then I welcome nosy neighbours and complainers with open arms!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

Not true,I was told by a resident from that estate that the guards do nothing :).The cars on the yellow lines dont cause problems execpt for the corners which I already stated.Parking on the yellow lines where it is straight doesnt cause a problem but parking on paths does :) which I already said ?shall I repeat it again?The wardens said the other that they are eventually getting rid of the yellow lines?.It annoys me as I saw alot of people the other day trying to get their kids to school then to work,they were stopped for maybe 5 minutes and they got tickets,its was very harsh.As for the bitch fest bit !all im saying is that people in there are complaing about the cars but yet put peoples health at risk.I saw children fall into dog poo last week at their sports days,it was on their hands aswell ?but because its not on their doorstep they dont care.Dog warden has been informed and photos are been taken.A bigger car park is needed

Ok, we'll have to agree to disagree then about the danger caused by the parking, I agree about the car park, it's not adequate in the slightest and also agree about the dog sh1te, unbelievably there's someone going around actually bagging up the poo but then throwing the bags on the pavement. We should get the nosy neighbour squad on the case :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Italia

I live in the area and I say its about time that action was taken at the school. Cars are normally just dumped any old place without any sort of care or consideration for anyone else. Driving past at opening and closing times would tax even Michael Schumacher's skills !! And if you even try to POLITELY complain, you get a torrent of abuse back.

I'd like to assume (I know its dangerous, but hey...) that everyone involved in parking at the school has a drivers licence. My question is - what part of "you can't park on double lines" is unclear? Bottom line - if there is insufficient parking, make alternative arrangements or, better still, let the kids walk to school.
    As far as I am concerned - big thumbs up to the traffic wardens.

BTW - yes, I'm a parent & all 3 of my kids walk to school and back. Why shouldn't they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭Stealthirl

Why not park down at the celbridge house and walk the 260-300M up to the school its what i do if droping off/collecting my nephew.
    Im not that old and i had to cylcle 5km to secondary school unless it was badly snowing :rolleyes: from the day i started and in 5th/6th class i cylcled about 3Km all on my owen

• Advertisement

Yep, crazy stuff altogether!! We have ALL the surrounding estates supporting us, the school itself, ALL local councillors and the Gards. We identified not just an irritating problem but, more importantly a risk to the school children including the kids of the people who park there! Yet all some of them seem to want to do is bitch & moan about the fact that something very constructive has taken palce here to try and maintain the safety of the kids. They can't seem to accept that all we've done is try to improve things for everyone, even going to the extent of asking the wardens NOT to ticket the drivers initially but to warn them. But no, some people have got a bee in their bonnet and accuse us of being busy bodies & nosy etc, they even go to the extent of digressing and going on about drug dealers, on arguably Ireland's biggest public internet forum for gods sake! Talk about painting a target on yourself! Some even claimed they were going to get their own back by blocking people's drives and so on! It's laughable, however, just in case they lose the run of themselves and get a bit silly we 'pressed our faces up against our windows' and noted some reg numbers of those giving abuse. We will not hesitate to contact the school either regarding parents that might get a bit thick about this but we sincerely hope that we never have to go down that route and that those annoyed now will come to see that the bottom line is the safety of the kids. Have a nice summer and I hope those ticked off about this will calm down and at least agree that eliminating any risk to our kids is in fact a worthwhile exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭boxerly

I live very close to the lines in question and know exactly what Im talking about,Alot of mothers have seen dealing at the corner and yes guards have been told,house was raided !.Wonder will that be talked about at next meeting.As for taking pictures out your window?? ye could get a name for yourself doing that !! cmon......dealing and speeding cars verses parking on yellow lines aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.Hope ye find something to keep ye busy since the cars wont be there for summer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Kids are developing health problems because of all the safety paranoia. Let them walk to school for the love of God.

I did it and now I cycle to work too because I'm not too fat to get off my ass.

boxerly wrote: »
    I live very close to the lines in question and know exactly what Im talking about,Alot of mothers have seen dealing at the corner and yes guards have been told,house was raided !.Wonder will that be talked about at next meeting.As for taking pictures out your window?? ye could get a name for yourself doing that !! cmon......dealing and speeding cars verses parking on yellow lines aaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahaha.Hope ye find something to keep ye busy since the cars wont be there for summer :)

And once again you ignore the fact that all we're trying to do is take away the risk from school kids...very, very strange that this has annoyed you. What bit don't you understand about the fact that there were so many close calls and near misses every day that this was almost an accident waiting to happen. What bit about 'WE ASKED THE WARDENS NOT TO TICKET THE CARS' but to move them on, don't you get? Can't be bothered trying to explain to you anymore.

"As for taking pictures out your window?? ye could get a name for yourself doing that"

I'd suggest you either explain that or retract it. A debate on a matter is one thing but you're seriously out of line there. You can do so here, face to face, or to the gards.

• Advertisement

What bit about 'WE ASKED THE WARDENS NOT TO TICKET THE CARS' but to move them on, don't you get? Can't be bothered trying to explain to you anymore.

You're wasting your breath (or fingers) explaining this.
    Unfortunately, with some people, there is one thing and one thing alone that they understand, and that is force. Talking and trying to reason doesn't help.
    You need to hit them hard, very hard, in their pockets. Then they suddenly get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭irishdude11

"As for taking pictures out your window?? ye could get a name for yourself doing that"

I'd suggest you either explain that or retract it. A debate on a matter is one thing but you're seriously out of line there. You can do so here, face to face, or to the gards.

Who are you supposed to be, the internet police? Maybe you could take out a super injuction on that poster, or better yet, stay off the net if you cant handle harmless comments like that.

And fair play to the wardens in celbridge, if only the wardens in other areas would follow suit.

You're right, we're wasting our time now. It's in the hands of the authorities anyway so they can bitch about it all they like.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Celbridge Life, I'd be cautious about making quasi legal threats on here. It's something the site takes a very dim view of.

Others: keep it civil and keep it calm. If you have a problem with a post, report it. Do not take your issues out in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

bulmersgal wrote: »
    Alot of those kids live local why can't they just walk! I think traffic warden was right and fair play. Sick of people parking and especially people mounting the kerb and forcing me to push my buggy out onto the road.

Here's an idea.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQEPTODJc08OQUihrPFBB_oSGXVPB1n0D1hFbYjSw6gvYjOtOBxKA

Take personal bickering to PM folks.

I won't issue further warning about squabbling on thread, insulting or threathening behaviour etc. Any further such posts will lead to bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

That school is ridicilous for perople opening doors onto the road or just walking out without looking, I actually once saw a parent that stopped infront of the lolipop man, got out of the car with the child and walked the child in the gates before returning to the car just abondoned on the road. They really need some sort of a better parking area or the parking area needs to be redone. I think its illegal to park on a bend with a constant white line, but there is a row of atleast 20 cars there every morning. making it into a one lane road.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Can anyone give an update on the parking situation around this school? Have the Council upped their game and started issuing more tickets or is it still a case of "I'll park where I like"?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is parking still an issue at this location?

• Advertisement

In a single word...FUBAR.
    It has to be resolved. Today took me about 10 minutes just to get past the blasted school ... a distance of less than 100 meters :mad:
    snubbleste wrote: »
    Is parking still an issue at this location?

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭paddythe goat

agree..parents and students just drop off 400m or 600 from school gate..that would help out a lot......would also help if all school had a second entrance and exit gate....split up the bottle neck............................

Zombie thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement