Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Technology in UL

Options
  • 28-06-2011 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I am planning on doing the Graduate Diploma in Education, Technology in UL. I am just wondering if there is anybody out there with information on the course. also any help on the skills tests would be helpful. I am an engineer but it has be over 10 years since i have used pen and paper for drawing!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

adsey05 wrote: »
    I am planning on doing the Graduate Diploma in Education, Technology in UL. I am just wondering if there is anybody out there with information on the course. also any help on the skills tests would be helpful. I am an engineer but it has be over 10 years since i have used pen and paper for drawing!!

Email oliver.mcgarr@ul.ie he's the course director and an education lecturer, he'll have no problem offering help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 adsey05

I have spoken to Oliver and he was helpful. But with the skills and drawing test he didn't want to give to much away. Have you attended the course? And if so how did you find it? Standard of lectures etc.. Thanks
    SarahBeep! wrote: »

Email oliver.mcgarr@ul.ie he's the course director and an education lecturer, he'll have no problem offering help

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

I have spoken to Oliver and he was helpful. But with the skills and drawing test he didn't want to give to much away. Have you attended the course? And if so how did you find it? Standard of lectures etc.. Thanks

Doing one of the education degrees. The lads that come in to do the education degrees are expected to have the skills of a very competent LC student. Perhaps look at LC past papers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭RHunce

I know that depending on what you want to do, either the Engineering side of things with drawing or the construction side of things with drawing you have two tests to do.

Construction Side
    Ordinary Level LC Woodwork bench test
    Ordinary Level LC DCG paper

Engineering Side
    Ordinary Level LC Eng bench test
    Ordinary Level LC DCG paper

Advertisement