Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Online and offline (retail) credit card processing

• 28-06-2011 7:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations for which companies I should look at to do both retail outlet credit card processing and online credit card processing? I am opening a retail outlet but also want to sell my stock online but don't want to end up doubling up on fees if I can avoid it!

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Ulster bank are quite competitive for offline, spoke with them at the start of this year so they're more than likely the same. I can pass on the person's email I was dealing with if you like.

Perhaps give paypal a try at the start for online, although it won't process Laser cards which may limit your market if it's solely based here in Ireland. Realex are an alternative but not sure how much they cost or if you need an e-commerce track record when starting with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Yeah I've used paypal a load of times for other stuff but was thinking if I am getting credit card processing in the shop then I should really look at getting a proper online payment gateway too if possible..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Elavon might be an option but I know for just their retail package, they were expensive and I was warned off them from someone who else who got a quote from them, can't hurt to see what sort of all in one package they'd be able to provide. Might give you a startup rate if you're lucky.

Advertisement