Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Straits/ Dire Straits

Options
  • 28-06-2011 7:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Nearly crashed my van tonight. Nova announced the band from Dire Straits are on the road this October. Apparently there is a demand for DS music!

Straight on the net and got front row in the Olympia! Should be great. ( would be even better If Mark and John put in a surprise appearance)

Heyhey.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

Should have just called themselves Dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Funny man, so so funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭argentum

I dont understand why people actually go to these gigs.To most people Dire Straights was The lead singer and a band.Now Mark Knopfler wont be there and most of the band wont be there.You just know it wont be the same and you may as well have a karoke machine so people can sing along
    Maybe they should have Chris Rea as the lead singer and they could be called Dire Rea.
    I get my coat

Funny man, so so funny.

Cheers! I thought it was funny too. And apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

http://www.thestraits.com/video_audio.php
    I have seen the current Mark Knopfler band a few times and you really cant compare.
    The Straits look to me to be just a good cover band.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭almighty1

Probably like listening to Rihanna?

Sorry but if Mark ain't there then Id be staying away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

No point going without MK imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Are you just on boards to troll around the Gigs/Events forum?

Alter-Ego wrote: »
    Are you just on boards to troll around the Gigs/Events forum?

No, I troll around a couple of other forums too.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TalkingGoose

Hey just wondering if anyone made it to this last night, and what they thought of it? I was really impressed and thought they played there socks off. The lead guy Terence Reis was exceptionally good, I wasn't sure what to expect without Mark Knopfler but i was pleasantly surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Pallas Athena

I thought the gig was brilliant. I loved it! :)

I went and was in the front row.

They announced we were free to take photos and video.

I did, LOTS of it.

Check out youtube in a few days under superscouse.

Enjoyed the show a lot.

Unfortunatley, while there, I got an email to say THE FARM gig in o2 liverpool in december is postponed ! Hotel and ferry booked :mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

Unfortunatley, while there, I got an email to say THE FARM gig in o2 liverpool in december is postponed ! Hotel and ferry booked :mad::mad::mad::mad:

I didn't know they had reformed.. Great memories watching them in Planet X, Liverpool Uni etc.. Think I still have a fully signed white label copy of Stepping Stone in my collection...

Going back to Liverpool for the first time in about 20 years next week.. Can't wait.. Hopefully Probe records is still there.. used to spend every day in there.. :)

Welease wrote: »
    I didn't know they had reformed.. Great memories watching them in Planet X, Liverpool Uni etc.. Think I still have a fully signed white label copy of Stepping Stone in my collection...

Going back to Liverpool for the first time in about 20 years next week.. Can't wait.. Hopefully Probe records is still there.. used to spend every day in there.. :)

Still there - kind of, they have moved.

Advertisement