Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dam in spain

• 28-06-2011 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭

spain0257.jpg

a dam in spain taken last week, converted to hdr using nik hdr plugin

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

it looks completely unrealistic. not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

I love the subject matter, I know it's all a matter of taste, but the HDR stuff I've seen on here just doesn't do it for me personally.

For me the over-stylised colours seem to detract from what's underneath, I'd love to see the original shot for comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 557 ✭✭✭puddles22

I'd love to see the original shot for comparison.

original shot

spain0257a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭BlastedGlute

This distortion is killing your shots with that lens. Either it's a wide angle or a zoom that comes back quite a bit. The building on the bottom left is really blown apart. If you want to pp your stuff learn some stuff in light room. I don't know how to use light room but I've watched some videos and it's a nice controlled environment that should yield much better results than any plugin or do-it-all piece of software. Every photo is different and can't apply the same process to everything you shoot!
    Also are you using a Polariser, I'm confused by the vignetting on the top of the original image if your not using one!

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭shemwhistler

Thanks Puddles, that confirms it, I personally prefer the original, but that's just a style/taste thing.

And on that topic of distortion, it's only the building in the bottom left that grabs the eye for me, but not enough to kill the shot.

It's ab absolutely beautiful location and I'm most jealous.

• Advertisement
Advertisement