Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Resteraunts in Dublin with nice lamb meals

Options
  • 28-06-2011 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

I have an Italian friend who is visiting Dublin with his wife in about three weeks. We are meeting for a meal together on a Friday evening and they love lamb. Can someone recommend a good place to go for a nice lamb dinner? Their hotel is on Gardiner Street so somewhere within walking distance (city centre) would obviously be the preferred choice but a short bus ride might be considered. I do have a car and could make a longer journey but I'm sure that a few glasses of wine will be consumed so it's not a very likely options.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i dont know if they do lamb on the menu but le bon crubeen on talbot street does very nice food

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

i dont know if they do lamb on the menu but le bon crubeen on talbot street does very nice food

They do Lamb Shank. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

I would check the menu first Le Bon Crubeen menu, as they do change it from time to time. Don't see the lamb shank on menu on the web site.
    Would have said The Pigs Ear or the Winding Stair but there is no sign of lamb on their menus either :(
    The only place I think might have lamb is the Bull and Castle by Christchurch, they have lamb stew.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

What's the budget OP? Location preference? Setting preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

52paddy wrote: »
    I have an Italian friend who is visiting Dublin with his wife in about three weeks. We are meeting for a meal together on a Friday evening and they love lamb. Can someone recommend a good place to go for a nice lamb dinner? Their hotel is on Gardiner Street so somewhere within walking distance (city centre) would obviously be the preferred choice but a short bus ride might be considered. I do have a car and could make a longer journey but I'm sure that a few glasses of wine will be consumed so it's not a very likely options.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there, this place: http://www.dadarestaurant.ie/ seem to have lots of lamb and is Moroccan, so something a bit different too. I have been meaning to try it for ages but haven't made it yet so don't know if it's nice, but plenty of lamb, if they want to try something exotic! Near st Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭52paddy

enda1 wrote: »
    What's the budget OP? Location preference? Setting preference?

A main course meal for around €15 would be great going but don't let that be a factor just yet. Location preference would be city centre (northside preferably as the hotel is in Gardiner St). Setting should be quiet or relaxed as we will probably stay there for a while and have a long chat.

Thanks to all the replies so far. I will check them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

Babooshka wrote: »
    Hi there, this place: http://www.dadarestaurant.ie/ seem to have lots of lamb and is Moroccan, so something a bit different too. I have been meaning to try it for ages but haven't made it yet so don't know if it's nice, but plenty of lamb, if they want to try something exotic! Near st Stephen's Green Shopping Centre.

+1 on this. Lamb tagine, delicious and the whole place has a nice unique vibe to it.

+1 on this. Lamb tagine, delicious and the whole place has a nice unique vibe to it.

Good to hear, Ill def pay it a visit so, been salivating at the menu long enough :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Good to hear, Ill def pay it a visit so, been salivating at the menu long enough :D

Just been looking at it since you posted it, and have a special occasion coming up.. Its just jumped right to number one on my list!.

Just been looking at it since you posted it, and have a special occasion coming up.. Its just jumped right to number one on my list!.

Yep it looks like a nice alternative, especially to something like lamb shank or lamb chops...moroccan food is something I've not got around to tryin so will def give it a go some time...bon appetite!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,691 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

DaDa is excellent, really really good food, the fish is amazing too. But, I am wondering if your Italian friends are like mine and are obsessing about unadorned Wicklow and Wexford lamb? You can't get that type of meat in Italy and they go mad for it... I'd say go for the plain Irish lamb dishes instead of the Moroccan seasoned and marinated stuff. I don't know if they are doing lamb now, but I have had good Wicklow lamb in the Winding Stair and the Pigs Ear.

They go mad for our Mussels too by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

+1, this place is fab

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd recommend Koh just off Jervis Street, they have a yummy Lamb Massaman, it is heaven, real tender melt in your mouth lamb in a sauce with spuds and rice, yum! Getting hungry now :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Louie's on Mountjoy Square is lovely & normally has lamb on the menu, it's a lovely setting there as well (converted Georgian house), only thing is it's a small bit expensive & can be hard to get a reservation for, but it is right beside Gardiner Street.

http://www.louies.ie/

101 Talbot has great food, just up the road from Gardiner place. They normally have a lamb dish but it might be worth giving them a buzz to make sure as they keep their menu seasonal. There's a great atmosphere there but it's a bit manic with people chatting & enjoying their food

http://www.101talbot.ie/

Advertisement