Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best IT's for nursing??

• 28-06-2011 8:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

hey .. i'm hoping to do nursing next year but don't thik i'l get the points for UL or UCC :confused:. does anyone have any advice on what ITs to go to? (waterford, tralee, letterkenny etc etc).

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

DKIT (Dundalk) is supposed to be good and has really new and high-quality equipment.

http://www.qualifax.ie/qf/QFPublic/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=523

Points were 390(Random Selection) in 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 sa100

DKIT (Dundalk) is supposed to be good and has really new and high-quality equipment.

http://www.qualifax.ie/qf/QFPublic/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=523

Points were 390(Random Selection) in 2010

thanks :) i was looking into that alright .. points are lower than most other places so i could be headed there! you have any idea what the night/student life is like there?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭brian93

I don't go to IT Tralee but I live here and know that nursing is in the North Campus which is pretty new and modern. It's an awkwad distance from town but there's transport available as far as I know. Night life is good, hard to say how many nightclubs since some are half pubs, but I'll go with 4! Large selection of shops and restaurants and as far as I'm concerned a pretty chill place to live :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

My Cousin is doing General Nursing in AIT, and she said it's amazing!. The facilities are brand new, and they got 12 weeks Work Experience this year (and she's only going into 2nd year). The lecturers are brilliant and all very helpful and there is a lovely atmosphere around the IT. I think it has one of the highest points requirements for General Nursing in the Country though, the median last year was 425. AFAIK it's higher than Trinity..

Advertisement