Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Wireless Sabb battery replacing issue

Options
  • 28-06-2011 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi Guys,
    I installed a HKC wireless alarm a few months ago. The Missuss wanted the LED's on the Sabb going full time - so now the batteries need replacing.
    I removed the Sabb from the system, replaced the batteries, and added and ID'd the Sabb again - all ok.
    The problem is that it wont sound when the alarm acitvates???
    I vaugely remember having the same issue at installation but can seem to find the solution now.
    Help appreciated.
    It's a "HKC Secure Wave" RF Sabb - if thats any help.

H

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

How are you testing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

HarryH99 wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I installed a HKC wireless alarm a few months ago. The Missuss wanted the LED's on the Sabb going full time - so now the batteries need replacing.
    I removed the Sabb from the system, replaced the batteries, and added and ID'd the Sabb again - all ok.
    The problem is that it wont sound when the alarm acitvates???
    I vaugely remember having the same issue at installation but can seem to find the solution now.
    Help appreciated.
    It's a "HKC Secure Wave" RF Sabb - if thats any help.

H

If you go into the service menu, eng tools menu then to test RF devices does it ring. Check to see if the cable for the siren in the bell has not come loose. Also check when you replaced the batteries in the case that no cable broke. If you buy the new battery pack a second battery pack can be added to keep the LEDs lighting for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 HarryH99

Thanks Guys...
    Actually I think now that it's my entry/exit pir that's doing something strange.
    As Fred asked - I was testing it by setting the alarm and just coming in the front door. The front door is just on this e/e pir and this is setting the alarm off but not telling the Sabb to activate. I checked a different pir - set to alarm - and it set the Sabb off no prob...
    So apologies - it looks like the e/e pir is the issue now - any thoughts? Must be something in the pir set up??

Altor - I did test the Sabb like you suggest - all ok.

H

Thanks Guys...
    Actually I think now that it's my entry/exit pir that's doing something strange.
    As Fred asked - I was testing it by setting the alarm and just coming in the front door. The front door is just on this e/e pir and this is setting the alarm off but not telling the Sabb to activate. I checked a different pir - set to alarm - and it set the Sabb off no prob...
    So apologies - it looks like the e/e pir is the issue now - any thoughts? Must be something in the pir set up??

Altor - I did test the Sabb like you suggest - all ok.

H

Nothing to worry about. This is because you are getting an entry/exit fault. The external bell wont activate straight away this way. If you set the alarm, then activated another zone without going near the entry/exit beam then it will activate once set.

Altor,
    The e/e pir is giving an alarm (as indicated on the keypad) once the e/e time is up - but the Sabb is not activating at this point. Shouldnt it be activating if the person entering cannot unset the alarm before the timer runs out?

H

• Advertisement

Altor,
    The e/e pir is giving an alarm (as indicated on the keypad) once the e/e time is up - but the Sabb is not activating at this point. Shouldnt it be activating if the person entering cannot unset the alarm before the timer runs out?

H

No, as this is classed as an entry/exit fault. It is the same with setting the alarm and not closing the entry/exit route in time.

So if someone enters through my front door and the pir just inside spots them, it activates the timer, this counts down and unless the alarm is unset then it gives a fault?
    How do I get it to alarm in this situation instead of showing a fault or as well as?
    Thanks for your input on this - I'm not really getting it yet.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

On entry if the timer runs down without the code been entered it will generate a full alarm. On exit it gives an exit fault.

Thanks KoolKid...
    So Entry = Full alarm, Exit = Fault

I think that on Entry the alarm is triggered as you suggest (and indicated on the key pad with light and sound) but the Sabb is not being activated. I will have a look again at lunchtime to confirm.

Is it possible that on Entry the Full Alarm condition is not activated and that some other alarm condition is - which explains the lack of Sabb sound?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Cadzer

Do you have a contact on the front door? If so that should be called E/E.You have the PIR set as E/E. This Beam should be set as Alarm with the option of access set in the zone options. This will allow you to enter/exit the building but as soon as the E/E times stops it will go into alarm.

• Advertisement

Thanks KoolKid...
    So Entry = Full alarm, Exit = Fault

I think that on Entry the alarm is triggered as you suggest (and indicated on the key pad with light and sound) but the Sabb is not being activated. I will have a look again at lunchtime to confirm.

Is it possible that on Entry the Full Alarm condition is not activated and that some other alarm condition is - which explains the lack of Sabb sound?

When you let the Entry time expire this is an Entry FAULT . Not an Alarm. Thats why the External bell is not ringing but your Internal bell is.

I have no contact for the front door - I just have the pir directly inside.
    Can I just set it to Alarm as you suggest and then set the access option in zone options?

Also there seems to be divided opinions whether it is a Fault or a Full Alarm if the timer runs down before the code is entered. I dont really mind - I just want the Sabb to activate. I'm sure I had it activating like this before I removed it to change the batteries.

I have no contact for the front door - I just have the pir directly inside.
    Can I just set it to Alarm as you suggest and then set the access option in zone options?

Also there seems to be divided opinions whether it is a Fault or a Full Alarm if the timer runs down before the code is entered. I dont really mind - I just want the Sabb to activate. I'm sure I had it activating like this before I removed it to change the batteries.

If you want the SABB to ring after the entry time expires make sure the Split entry time is set to 00.

Say you have a entry time of 30 sec. ( Internal bell will ring)
    Split entry time of 30 sec. Then after the Split entry time expires the SABB will sound.

Thanks Cadzer...
    I'll have a look at lunch time.

H

Hey Cadzer...
    Thanks a lot for this - it seems to solve the problem.
    I just set the Split entry time to 00 and after 30 seconds of timer the Sabb is activated.
    Out of interest - it shows a Fault on the panel - not an Alarm - which is no problem for me.

Maybe you could tell me - if I need to replace batteries in future, is there a better way than removing the device from the system and then Adding & Id'ing the device again?

H

If you go into engineering it will allow you change the batteries without deleting the bell.

What fault is coming up on the panel ?

Advertisement