Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what 4X4 would you buy if i gave you a budget of €500

• 28-06-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

sorry mods, , meant to post in the farming section. .

this is for land use, not roads etc. . .
    will not be taxed or insured nor tested. ..
    obviously it will be commercial, , , hardly want the family down the feilds with me.. .

so come on lads. . . .€500,. .. . what would you most likely go for? or get. . . .

looking for just a run around farm vehicle, . .. back to the sheds, around the land etc. . . .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭polod

jays i dont think you would get any working 4 x 4 for that money ....but maybe ya might be able to pick up an auld berlingo or partner van ? ....might not be much good in soft spots though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭NewBeefFarmer

polod wrote: »
    jays i dont think you would get any working 4 x 4 for that money ....but maybe ya might be able to pick up an auld berlingo or partner van ? ....might not be much good in soft spots though :D

lol been looking on DD.. .

i see a defender, , for €650.. . needs head gasket

a mitzy for €500, oh but this has no engine.

maybe my price has to go up a bit. . . hmmmmmmmmm. . .
    jaysus, . . maybe it has to go up as far as 2K at this rate

lol been looking on DD.. .

i see a defender, , for €650.. . needs head gasket

a mitzy for €500, oh but this has no engine.

maybe my price has to go up a bit. . . hmmmmmmmmm. . .
    jaysus, . . maybe it has to go up as far as 2K at this rate

better off buying a quad so :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭baldyshane

Sorry if it sounds like I'm hi jacking this to sell a jeep but I have a Daihatsu Fourtrak for 850 if you stretch the budget. Dryer warmer and safer than a quad and perfect for the forestry.
    Just sayin is all.....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭TUBBY

i was just going to e-mail to say Daihatsu Fourtrak is your only man and wud be small money. Cruel reliable workhorse and great power.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1991-DAIHATSU-FOURTRAK-TDX-GREY-/220804409069?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item3368f7e6ed

Is it worth a trip across the water? at this price breakers are interested though

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

TUBBY wrote: »
    i was just going to e-mail to say Daihatsu Fourtrak is your only man and wud be small money. Cruel reliable workhorse and great power.

The DF is awesome and the favourite of farmers in OZ:cool:

TUBBY wrote: »

what size of an engine have they ? id say they are handy on diesel to are they ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

This will do you
    :D
    donkey.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

polod wrote: »
    what size of an engine have they ? id say they are handy on diesel to are they ?

Would agree with all said on the Fourtrak.
    Drove one for several years, great motor.
    From memory 2.8l and easy on juice, very low revs. Great off road too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

my husband oftens tells me off isuzu troopers on dd for €500 , tbh we had a dihatsu fourtrak and i thought it was crap , we now have a land rover... its like an army tank... would never get stuck... also had a pajero swb , that was great too... there should be plenty of them on dd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭BeeDI

Grecco wrote: »
    This will do you
    :D
    donkey.jpg

Plus in today's market, you could get about 250 of them for €500, so spare parts should never be an issue;)

bought a 1991 nissan patrol off dinedeal this morning in wicklow €550 , grand job

whelan1 wrote: »
    bought a 1991 nissan patrol off dinedeal this morning in wicklow €550 , grand job

best of luck with it ;) is it in good nick ?

might still be on donedeal... great nick , my husband collected it this morning....sorry its gone

Advertisement