Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power out balbriggan

Options
  • 28-06-2011 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Any ideas on the power cut in balbriggan? In the barons hall area, not sure where else is effected.

Im hoping that by posting this, it will come back on and Ill look stupid!

Its off a good 20 mins now... Need to watch a film!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Yeah, I want a cup of tea!

Gonna ring them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scottishriver

beefjerky wrote: »
    Any ideas on the power cut in balbriggan? In the barons hall area, not sure where else is effected.

Off here in cardy rock too just bought a new game for ps3 can't even try it out.
    Load off bollocks.

There is a recording on their emergency helpline that there is a major fault in Balbriggan, with no current repair time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

beefjerky wrote: »

Off here in cardy rock too just bought a new game for ps3 can't even try it out.
    Load off bollocks.
    Off up in Naul too. No idea how much longer yet.

To update. Major fault in service to Balbriggan areas. No time for restoration as of yet. Think we're gone for the night. Switch off anything at the plug is my advice.

• Advertisement

Back!!!
    Voicemail said repaired by midnight!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 scottishriver

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Back!!!
    Voicemail said repaired by midnight!
    Praise the lord longest half hour without tv how did they do survive back then without it.

Dunno. No chance of a baby boom in our house in 9 months time. It's impossible to get pregnant twice at once. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

God,its sad how wierd i find it with no TV noise or radio on in the house. It was so quiet!

Eoineo wrote: »
    Dunno. No chance of a baby boom in our house in 9 months time. It's impossible to get pregnant twice at once. :D

Haha! That's kinda what my fella said, the power went off when he was in the bath, and he commented that "Power cuts make babies, you know!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

I was in bed alseep , so didnt notice it untillmy daughter came in and woke me to tell me , the TV was back on.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I was out digging the garden with the missus so didn't miss it much thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Popsy

It was great to see so many people out walking with their dogs and parents out playing with the children when the power was out

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Popsy wrote: »
    It was great to see so many people out walking with their dogs and parents out playing with the children when the power was out

Hmnn did you have anything to do with it Popsy?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭beefjerky

I went out for a run after 25 mins of waiting and there were loads of people out... I'm wondering is it always like that while i'm inside!

It was gas seeing all the people streaming out of the cinema, the auld lads standing outside the pubs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

The outage was caused by vandalism to the 38kV line up on Hill of Clonard.

Sparky84 wrote: »
    The outage was caused by vandalism to the 38kV line up on Hill of Clonard.

How do you vandalise a 38kv line without explodifying yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

They tried to open an air break switch on the line. Luckily the line tripped when the switch flashed over.

Advertisement