Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How do you make a slime farm?

• 28-06-2011 9:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭

Anybody know how to do this? I've looked around the net and haven't found any good tutorials and most differ in various ways which just leaves me confused. Has anyone a fool proof method?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Kid is so down to earth...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

All the youtube videos seem to suggest to :

1. Dig down to bed rock
    2. Create a space at least 9x9x5
    3. Fill the palce with torches
    4. Leave the room by either installing a door or bricking up the entrance.
    5. Come back some time later (hours, days?) and see if you have any slimes.

notes :

They only spawn in certain chunks (a chunk is 16x16) so if it doesn't work then make the room bigger (in both directions, x and y)
    As Tankran said below, you need to split the bigger slimes. Dealing too much damage in one go will just kill them.
    Slimes will prefer staying in the corners of your slime farm.
    They won't spawn if you stay in the slime farm.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

I have a working spawner but i'm working on making it bigger atm, remember to use only iron shovels/bows/wooden axes to hit them, because if you do more than a certain ammount of damage to bigger slimes they wont split :'(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I assume you're doing this to get a few for 1.7 :p:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Tallon wrote: »
    I assume you're doing this to get a few for 1.7 :p:D
    Need must. :D

Thanks for the help guys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28 Miles81

Nice instruction, it works great!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

wow. this is an old one !

No need to go down to bedrock to make slimes any longer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭passingthrough

Ponster wrote: »
    wow. this is an old one !

No need to go down to bedrock to make slimes any longer.

really? how do you do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

This website finds what chunks while allow slime spawning.

http://mcslimes.appspot.com/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

NECROTHREADEDEDEGED!!!!

In other news, has anyone seen any slimes at all in the latest Tekkit version? I haven't seen or heard of anyone seeing even one slime since Tekkit updated IndustrialCraft :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Solitaire wrote: »
    NECROTHREADEDEDEGED!!!!

In other news, has anyone seen any slimes at all in the latest Tekkit version? I haven't seen or heard of anyone seeing even one slime since Tekkit updated IndustrialCraft :eek:

They are very rare alright, i think you can condense them, so getting the first one is the hardest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭Wossack

if you just need the slimeballs, theres a recipe with EquivEx to make them

seeds + sugar cane + sapling + bucket of water, in a philosophers stone

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

In the end we all just used the Philosopher's Stone's attack to transmute a random mob into a slime :P Still no sign of naturally occurring ones on the current map though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ga2k10

You can condense them. Their EMC value is 24

Advertisement