Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Officer Ricky PWNED lol

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

i love it, its about time people actually start picking this fraud up on this. i know he makes good music and yes to an extent thats what its all about but i really do hate this clown he has totally made a mockery out of gangsta hip hop.

imagine hip hop 2011 and a proven former correctional officer is the number 1 gangsta rapper in america, he's lied about everything yet people still buy into it and artists still collab with him, rappers who were on this hip hop is dead bullsh*t a few years ago like jada and styles are now making music with him.

there's been rappers like say ja rule who have been blackballed for less, just shows most of these rappers are leaches who jump on anyone who is hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

sorry dont agree buddy, the guy makes the same song over and over again, most of the time badly, some times decent.

as for everything else, ye i agree whole heartedly, hes a fraud, hes a liar, hes everything the genre shouldnt be.

no doubt someone will get on and say no rapper lives the life they rap about, well if they cant see the difference i really dont know hat to say.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    sorry dont agree buddy, the guy makes the same song over and over again, most of the time badly, some times decent.

as for everything else, ye i agree whole heartedly, hes a fraud, hes a liar, hes everything the genre shouldnt be.

no doubt someone will get on and say no rapper lives the life they rap about, well if they cant see the difference i really dont know hat to say.

lately ye everything does seem to sound the same, those BMF style beats which everyone seems to be doing. but the deeper than rap album had a few bangers i must say.. rich of cocaine and the likes are pretty good.

i liked bmf even though he is straight up takin the pis* on it, he is claiming to be everyone on it. but that bmf style sound is badly worn out now and it seems to be the new sound for all these rappers to jump on just look at game he released that rockin bottles and it was just cringe worthy.

but i hate that whole sound you know the rick ross's, dj khaleds, lil waynes etc i just think its all terrible music for the best part just way over hyped.

ye i get you, i like wayne, i like drake, but i find the fact their on every song going a bit irritating, the fact that they seem to be on a lot of ross songs only adds to the guys wackness for me.

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    ye i get you, i like wayne, i like drake, but i find the fact their on every song going a bit irritating, the fact that they seem to be on a lot of ross songs only adds to the guys wackness for me.

ye they seem to have a small little circle there with wayne,birdman, ross and khaled and a few others, il be brunt and throw it out there i hate them all to be honest khaled should just stick to being a dj he is a talent-less pri*k, we da best we da best are you fuc*in serious?, i dont like wayne he is just shocking with all his mumbling and commercial rubbish, birdman is just a joke and well like i said ross has some good music behind him but he is a clown in general and a mockery to hip hop.

how someone like wayne was considered the best rapper alive was beyond a joke maybe people are starting to relize that now with his shocking music, the hype is starting to wear down with him. ross is now considered the hottest a former correction officer who as you said sounds identical on each track with that stupid grunt he throws in every verse on the same style beat.

ye thats a pretty negative comment but honestly i really dont like these lads feels good to let it out once and a while:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

I don't know what you two are talking about.

I'm smoking dope, I'm on my cell phone. I'm selling dope, straight off the iPhone.

That's gangsta.

Video is NSFW but the embed won't work anyway because of Vevo.

Makaveli wrote: »
    I don't know what you two are talking about.

I'm smoking dope, I'm on my cell phone. I'm selling dope, straight off the iPhone.

That's gangsta.

Video is NSFW but the embed won't work anyway because of Vevo.

That's gangsta.

are you referring to that as a hot line?

rick ross the rapper is in my opinion the clown of hip hop thats what we are discussing and i also went on a bit about wayne and the likes who always seem to collab with each other, but mainly the fact that ross is everything thats wrong with hip hop these days he's fake his whole career is a lie and the funny thing about it is i actually think ross has convinced himself that he is a real gangsta.

here's a hot line with a bit of truth behind it unlike the selling dope of the iphone lies that he sprouts.

I live on Hill Street,

with the Nice Police,

I lock you up in here you on work release.

No, it's an awful line.

He does have some decent songs though. I don't know why he has so much hype at the moment as he really has very little substance behind him. I'm not even slightly bothered by the fact that he was a CO though and that he raps about being a cartel kingpin. I am bothered that he takes his shirt off in almost every video he does though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Rick Ross is utter garbage. I don't understand how people can listen to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

What do people like us, i.e not involved in anyway with gangsta hip hop, care about whether he was a police officer or what, you'd swear you were out there having a 'rep' for something. Its quite funny to listen to at times.

He's not a very good rapper at all. Gangsta hip hop is in essence being something tough but then greatly exaggerating it to make it seem much more than a person actually is. Rappers do this on almost every track. He was caught out quite bad with it definitely, but its funny to watch fans argue about it as if it matters to us.

• Advertisement

personally i love the genre, grew up on it, pretty much like everyone on here im sure, i just cant support a fraud like ross, what can i say.
    and i understand its rare a rapper has actually lived the life to the fullest that they rap about, but ross takes the biscuit.

Makaveli wrote: »
    No, it's an awful line.

He does have some decent songs though. I don't know why he has so much hype at the moment as he really has very little substance behind him. I'm not even slightly bothered by the fact that he was a CO though and that he raps about being a cartel kingpin. I am bothered that he takes his shirt off in almost every video he does though.

im slow today bud i only actually realized the sarcasm in your post there :D, ye i would agree he does have a bit of good music behind him, that deeper than rap album i must say i liked for the best part anything after that bar the BMF song i havnt liked mostly down to the fact they all sound like BMF with that lex luger style beat. as far as him taking his top of nearly every chance he gets is just another reason i hate this clown.

That new track tupac back that he has with his new artist (cant remember his name) is a smack in the face to pac, image you have the fake-st rapper probably ever in rick ross making a tribute song to one the realest ever in pac that says it all about hip hop these days.
    What do people like us, i.e not involved in anyway with gangsta hip hop, care about whether he was a police officer or what, you'd swear you were out there having a 'rep' for something. Its quite funny to listen to at times.

He's not a very good rapper at all. Gangsta hip hop is in essence being something tough but then greatly exaggerating it to make it seem much more than a person actually is. Rappers do this on almost every track. He was caught out quite bad with it definitely, but its funny to watch fans argue
    about it as if it matters to us.

pretty much the same as hugh cream here, i think ross just over crosses the line to be honest and has taken to a whole new level, like i said before and i know some might not agree but homosexuality and working with the law are taboo in hip hop especially gangsta rap always have been down through the years, a lot of rappers lryics proves my point i.e the old eminem.

He relies pretty heavily on featured artists. I don't think he can carry a track too well by himself. I like Magnificent on Deeper Than Rap but I think without John Legend it would be pretty dull. Teflon Don is an album where each song sounds like the last, the production on BMF is nice but you don't need to hear it over and over.

I do like the first two Maybach Musics but mainly I like Jay-Z's and Kanye's verses. Outside of that I like Hustlin' which is probably the only song I can think of without a guest on it that's decent.

Like I said I don't really care about whether he's fake or not. If he releases a good tune then that's what it is, I'm not going to dismiss it because he's talking a load of bollocks. He is a bit of a caricature in that I think he has himself convinced that what he raps about he actually lives. He did seem incredibly off put by the question in the video.

did anyone see the bet awards?
    he's terrible live, no charisma, no stage presence, relies heavily on the backing track.

apart from him being a fraud hes actually a horrible rapper, seeing him live proved that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Hmm she called him "Officer Ricky" and he reminded her that Officer Ricky, despite his previous employment and lack of talent, is worth $25,000,000.

Who got "pwned" there??

lol @ ricky being worth 25 mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Brilliant, he's sickened :pac:

officer ricky drops another classic

that guy has ricky down to a tee.:D

Advertisement