Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

welder in waterford

Options
  • 28-06-2011 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

hi just said id ask here need a welder for small job asap is there any around you know of please let me know.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 sands15

What do you need doing? I should be able to look after you

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭jason2501

Hi, i have galvonised steel on my shed roof and its leaking on one side and I need an extra piece of steel to be welded on to stop the rain gettin in. Any ideas of how much it would cost if you could do it??? Thanks for the reply...

jason2501 wrote: »
    Hi, i have galvonised steel on my shed roof and its leaking on one side and I need an extra piece of steel to be welded on to stop the rain gettin in. Any ideas of how much it would cost if you could do it??? Thanks for the reply...

Galvonised steel dose not weld well even more so on light steel sheeting thats on roofs.

I think your saying the sheet stops at the wall and thats why the water is getting in?

If so prob best to get another steet placed over and left sit out or folded down on the will

Hard to say whats best whit out looking at it

Yes thats exactly the problem. Would it be possible to weld on an extra bit of steel to make a lip on it to pour the water over the edge??

Welding a bit on would be the hard way of going at it i think on lite sheets of galv welding will leave hole as it pops as you weld

Getting a sheet and putting half of it under or over whats there and folding it down the wall would be best i think

cheep fix get can of expanding foam in morris or woodys and put that in the gap (if gap is only fue inchs or smaller) wont look so nice as its yellow but would keep water out

• Advertisement

ok ill try that. while im here would you be able to weld a small hole in my exhaust lol!!! Thanks a lot for all ur help.

jason2501 wrote: »
    ok ill try that. while im here would you be able to weld a small hole in my exhaust lol!!! Thanks a lot for all ur help.

hole in exhaust i can do but need it at my house to use my mig welder.

good luck whit the fix

Thanks how much would it cost and wen could you do it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 kermit1975

also have a small job i want doing not right now but in the near future, i m building a street tracker motorcycle and a need some bits welded onto the frame of the bike

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kavesq

Hi Guys,
    I also need an inch weld on my exhaust manifold.
    Could anyone do it today as the car is for sale and its being looked at this eve.
    Can drive to your house.
    Thanks.......

• Advertisement

What kind of metal is the manifold? easy do if have the room to get at it what kinda car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Deise67

seen them brazed before ! think they are cast ! not the best for welding.

Advertisement