Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Way to bring a dog to Galway!

• 28-06-2011 9:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi i was just wondering could i bring my dog on a bus Eireann coach?

I will be bringing him from Mayo to Galway and i dont drive so i have no other way to bring him!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Can I carry a dog on Bus Éireann services?

Only guide dogs accompanying passengers who hold a Registered Blind Person's Pass are carried on Bus Éireann services. Guide dogs are carried free of charge.
    Return to the top

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

According to their site http://www.buseireann.ie/inner.php?id=91#dog -- it doesn't look like it. You could perhaps call them and ask if you had the dog in a dog carrier would they allow it but they might say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Cutie18Ireland

Generally say no but if you had a pet carrier might be ok. Depends on the driver really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

What about by the train? I think crated dogs used to be able to travel in the parcel carriage anyway, not sure if it's still the case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

There's no train between Mayo & Galway.

What size/breed OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

You could try posting over in the galway forum, there might be someone who regularly travels that route that might give you and your dog a lift. I would imagine bus eireann would have no problem having the dog in a carrier in the luggage compartment but I know I would not be comfortable putting any of my animals in the luggage compartment. I have seen people travelling with either bird or hamster cages before so I'd say it depends on the driver, if it was a small quiet dog in a carrier you'd have a better chance but I can't see them letting any especially a bigger dog on without a carrier. Unfortunate really as it would be handy and my fella is as good as gold travellling, he just pans out and falls asleep. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

TillyGirl wrote: »
    There's no train between Mayo & Galway.

That'll teach me not to read the post properly, I had assumed it was Dublin - Galway!! :o

Advertisement