Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charity Shop in Kilkenny that would take Free books?

Options
  • 28-06-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Doing a bit of a spring clean to get rid of all the stuff I've collected over the years I've been living in Kilkenny and I've about 30 books that I'm looking to give away, I'm not looking for anything for them. Does anyone know if there are any charity shops around town who would take them? or alternatively if any one here is interested in them send me a pm.

30 books altogether authors include

Robert Jordan
    Sue Townsend
    Jeffery Archer
    John Grisham
    Alice Sebold
    etc...

Any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

Hiya there's an Oxfam on the main street that will take the books.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

You people are quick! thanks for the replies / pms I've received. I'll be dropping the books off to Sue Ryder Foundation as they got the first message in.

Mod - this thread can be closed now.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

If you can list off some of the options it may help others?

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Wisco

I've given a few books to the charity shop in Castlecomer as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Myself and the mrs always drop books and stuff into Oxfam in high street all the time,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I've left quite a few books into Oxfam over the years. In more recent times, I've also taken to leaving stuff into Enable Ireland as well. Might as well share it around a bit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Threadhead

I've got about 10 years of old film magazines, I'm looking to move out of my house. All in really good condition. Do any of the charity shops take big collections of magazines?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭foxinsox

Threadhead wrote: »
    I've got about 10 years of old film magazines, I'm looking to move out of my house. All in really good condition. Do any of the charity shops take big collections of magazines?

I think it depends what kind of space they have in the shop and I would be suprised if any of them wouldn't be glad of them.

You could try here and you can ask them on their page maybe or give them a call :)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sue-Ryder-Charity-Shop-Kilkenny/170197709693310

Advertisement