Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which to go for?

Options
  • 28-06-2011 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hi All,

My Pc died so i am updating to a new model, its a choice between these 2. I am a casual gamer and I realise these are budget cards and accept the limitations of that. These are the only cards allowable in the package. So my question is which card is better? and is it worth paying the few quid extra aside from the bigger hard drive. Have ruled out xps model money issue. Both dell inspiron 620 mt's

Intel® Core™ i3-2100 Processor (3.10GHz, 3MB)
    Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
    Hard Drive 500GB SATA hard drive (7200RPM)
    Video CardAMD Radeon™ HD 6450 1GB DDR3

eur449
    as above but with
    1000GB SATA hard drive (7200RPM)
    ]NVIDIA ® GeForce GT 420 1GB DDR3 Graphics Card[/B][/U]
    r 529

Any opinions appreciated

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Revoque1

Hey robd,

As regards which card is better the GT 420 would be about 10%- 15% better on paper as i cant find any direct comparison because the GT 420 is only sold oem (direct to manufacturer).
    Having said that the 80 quid extra you would pay for the dearer system isnt great value as the larger hard drive is only worth an extra 15-20 euro and the graphics cards are worth about the same. Unless you need the extra room for alot of music or video files but you can always buy an external hd for 60 euro in a year or so.
    As you probably already know gaming won be nice on this system but for internet, music, office or general computing it will be fine.

Hope this helps.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You might find this thread useful if you want to do a self build.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055278463&page=75
    Lots of great rigs for around your budget.

Advertisement