Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy past dish for a packed lunch

Options
  • 28-06-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

Have two students coming tomorrow for a month. Dont want to give them the normal packed lunch every day. Can anyone recommend a pasta dish I can make up quickly the night before and put in fridge for their lunch next day or anything else that's quick and easy to prepare other than sandwiches.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭jclally

Fire carrots, celery and spring onions into a blender, and put into a hot oiled pan. Blitz up some good quality sausages with garlic and herbs and add to the pan. Cook out for a few mins, before adding 2-3 tbsp balsamic vinegar. Cook for a few mins, add a can of tomatoes and a can of water. Reduce down and add to cooked pasta. Tasty as fook
    Copyright to Jamie Oliver

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Boil fusilli pasta, drain and run under cold water to cool. Add a good drizzle of olive oil and a spoonful or two of pesto. Add chopped veg - tomatoes, red onion or scallions, peppers, corn or whatever you like. Give them ham, chicken or tuna separately to add just before eating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

One of my favourite quicky lunches is canned tuna, diced red and yellow peppers, scallions and sweetcorn with pasta shells and a spoonful of mayonaisse. Yum!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Minder

Look in the Middle Eastern and Eastern European shops for Orzo - the rice shaped pasta. It makes a great salad with tomatoes, crumbled feta, olives and torn basil.

Pasta with tuna, chilli, chopped parsley. Make a dressing of lemon juice and olive oil and pour over. I make this with spaghetti and heat it up. For a cold dish, I'd use a small pasta shape like fusilli.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Not quite pasta but I love tabbouleh for lunch, really quick to make & delicious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Pesto + pasta. So simple and sooooo good :D

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Pesto + pasta. So simple and sooooo good :D

I cook pasta with a veg stock cube and then add a tablespoon of pesto. Its great on its own or mixed into a salad with tomato and chicken!

Advertisement