Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90xr making higher pitched noises

• 28-06-2011 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

Hey

My Triton T90xr is making higher pitched noises than usual. Its about 2 years old, so I suppose its at the end of its life. Is there anything I can do to give it a bit of a longer life? Ive cleared out the limescale from the head with limescale remover and a pin, this didnt help it any.

How long would you expect from shower of this type?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 82,953 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

2 years is fairly short but I would say if it was being used 3 or 4 times a day heavily this may be the life of it before you would need to get someone to look at it. Last one we had lasted about 4-5 years and that was used about twice a day almost every day. When we replaced the last one I looked around for diagnosis of what the problem could be and the parts direct from Triton in the UK to repair it were looking around €100 with delivery and I was not 100% sure this would fix it. You could get it fixed but with call out charges it could be €100 for even the basic type of part failure to be fixed, might be more economical to buy a new one for €250.

The higher pitch noise recently could be as a result of the hot weather and the shower not needing to use as much energy to heat it, if you are not noticing any lack of power this may be the problem.

Advertisement