Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing numbers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Tues: 3m recovery run, pace 9:56, hr 145

Hill repeats this evening, on a pretty gentle hill:
    1 mile warm-up @ 9:36 pace
    5 x 400m, pace 8:28, 8:30, 8:10, 8:15 & 8:00
    1 mile cool down @ 9:45 pace

Thurs: 7m avg pace 9:06, hr 156. A short chase by a little squirt of a jack russell probably helped me up the pace

Fri: 3.5m recovery run, pace 9:48, hr 144

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Good luck Sunday DJ you will do great. I will keep an eye out for you. Enjoy it

Thanks Nules & sorry to see that you're stuck on the sideline. Flippin injuries! Enjoy the weekend anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Good luck DigiJem, :)
    What's your target?

• Advertisement

Thanks lb, I haven't any particular time in mind, just plan to race hard and enjoy it...hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Good luck on Sunday, I know you have no time in mind but whatever you end up doing it in I hope you're happy with it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Best of luck J!

Connemara half

Heading out from Galway, it looked like the weather was going to be perfect. Got to Leenane with a few hours to kill before the start, met Shaz and had a natter which passed the time. Before long we were throwing the bags into the trucks and heading to the startline. Met emer911 and a friend there, and soon we were off. The first mile was very congested, and even though I had planned to take it easy on the hill out of Leenane, I was going very slow here and just couldn't get past the wall of runners. Mile 1 beeped at 10:22, too slow. It eased a bit during mile 2, and after I got over the worst of the first hill with I picked up the pace.

I felt really good from here until we got to Maam, i was cruising along at around 8:20 pace. I was dreading Maam, and facing that hill but there was a great buzz when I reached there, lots of crowds out cheering and lots of jelly sweets too. And then the climb started, and to be honest while it was tough it was not as bad as expected. Got into a nice rythem and only really struggled once I got to a few hundred metres from the top.

Mile 12 was a joy, a downhill respite from the climb but also it was just amazing to look down on the lake glistening in the sun. Almost there, the last mile went on forever, but I could see the finish, and a cheer from Nules helped me pick up the pace at the end.

1:55:52 by my watch, happy with that, I had no target going into this, and I think the absence of a target helped me relax and enjoy the run even more.

Headed back up the road with Shaz afterwards to assist Nules with her cheering, and it was great to see so many of the Boards runners out there, many great performances. A cracking race, the sunshine helped of course, and it's one I would do again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Well done DJ, esp up that hill!
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done DJ. Savage time. Sounds like you thoroughly enjoyed this one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Brilliant time DJ. Thanks for the company and fruit pastilles :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great running DigiJem!!

Well done J, great running....again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Well done DJ it was no bother to you.... you looked as if you could have kept running ;)

A nice easy recovery run today, a bit longer than planned but the legs felt good and I was enjoying the sea air. Headed out the coast road towards salthill, did about 10 minutes stretching there and then back. 7m, pace 10:04, hr 141

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Congrats on a super run:D Great to catch up last night in town. I'm very impressed you were up and out running this morning, well done for making the most of the location

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭liamo123

Great run yesterday... Well done... U looked nice and relaxed when I met u ... Ultra next year :)

Took a rest day yesterday, had hoped to do a short recovery run but I wussed out given the chilly evening.

Plan had 6 x 800m intervals for this evening, really hate these but they have to be done. It went better than the last time I tried them a few weeks ago, managed the target pace of 7:30 for all of them.

1 mile warm-up @ 9:42 pace
    6 x 800m with 2 min recovery - pace 7:23, 7:28, 7:28, 7:21, 7:12 & 7:13
    1 mile cool down @ 9:27 pace

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

I know your still in Conn recovery phase, but what's next on the agenda or are you just going to tip along with just some steady training?

• Advertisement

I'm doing the Cork marathon, then Berlin. 3:45 is the target for Berlin but I might have a crack at it in Cork, we'll see how the training goes. How about yourself, are you ready for another marathon yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

DigiJem wrote: »
    I'm doing the Cork marathon, then Berlin. 3:45 is the target for Berlin but I might have a crack at it in Cork, we'll see how the training goes. How about yourself, are you ready for another marathon yet?
    Crikey no rest for the wicked! Good luck with the training. With Donadea run and Conn hills in your legs plus what you do over next couple of months, 3.45 will be no bother
    Next Marathon is going to be Waterford. Will do some shorter runs in the interim

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Again, great run on Sunday DJ. Delighted you still got the chance to run in Conn even after you changed your Ultra plans. Hopefully next year… ;)

Thurs: 3m recovery run, avg pace 10:05, hr 156 – nice lunchtime run in the sunshine, hr a little high for that pace

Fri : 7m pace run, target pace was 8:35 – tough for the first mile but got used to the pace after that, and the breathing got easier. Last 2 miles in the rain, it’s been a long time since I got soaked out on a run, it was nice actually. Pace 8:23, hr 161

Nice pace there J, well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Cutex

Can't believe you can run so well so quickly after Conn! Well done J and good luck with the training for Cork & Berlin.

Had to be up early to fit this run in today. Got to 6 miles and realized I stupidly forgot money for a drink , I was parched by the time I got back to the house at 12 miles, drank a load a water and headed out to do the last 4 miles. 16 miles, pace 9:29, hr 154

Well done J, great going there.

Rest day yesterday, gave 100% focus to chocolate consumption. Headed out this evening trying to avoid the showers, with no luck - 8 miles, avg pace 9:21, hr all spikey.

• Advertisement

Quarter mile hill repeats on the plan today:

1 mile warm-up @ 9:39 pace
    6 x quarter miles, pace 7:57, 7:40, 7:53, 8:13, 7:50 & 7:38 (avg 7:51)
    Half mile cool down @ 9:46 pace, just made back to the car before the heavens opened

Advertisement