Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing numbers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Hope it goes well J and you seem to be flying it at the moment so no doubt you'll be back to full speed in no time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Speedy recovery to you DigiJem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭hot to trot

Good luck and enjoy the taper :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

DigiJem wrote: »
    Last run for a few weeks, I'm having a very minor op to fix a non-running problem. No biggie but it means 2 or 3 weeks without running; can't be helped.
    So tonight was a run without the Garmin, nice & relaxed, about 6 miles i reckon.

Hope everything goes well J.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

belcarra wrote: »
    Hope it goes well J and you seem to be flying it at the moment so no doubt you'll be back to full speed in no time!

+1 couldn't have put it better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Hope you are on the mend J:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Finally got the all clear to start running, it was a long break. 6 easy miles just to get back into it, pace 9:32, hr 160

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|47|6
    Total|47|6

8 miles today - rain, sleet & hailstones made it tough. Pace 9:36, hr full of spikes and dips. 119, I don't think that's right.

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|55|7
    Total|55|7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great to see you back running :)

• Advertisement

8 miles, pace 9:44, felt slow and sluggish but I'm not too bothered about pace right now, just trying to get the mileage back up.

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|63|8
    Total|63|8

31st - 6 miles after work, pace 9:40

1st - rest day

2nd - 6 miles, pace 9:22. Out later than planned, had a family thing this afternoon which involved watching the rugby and eating too much cheesecake - not the best pre-run meal.

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|69|9
    Feb|6|1
    Total|75|10

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

cheesecake - not the best pre-run meal.

Great post run meal though!:);)

Great post run meal though!:);)

Sadly it was all devoured by the time I got home so no post-run cheesecake for me. :mad:

16 miles done today, not too sure how far to attempt so it a case of see how it goes. Started with a 5 mile route out and back. Back to the house at mile 10 for a drink then off again. Did another 6 miles but struggled for the last 4. A refreshing drenching at mile 13 gave me a boost for the last few miles. Pace 9:44, hr 144

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|69|9
    Feb|22|2
    Total|91|11

You're only back running and you've already clocked up a 16 miler!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭banner_phoenix

jcsmum wrote: »
    You're only back running and you've already clocked up a 16 miler!! :)

What she said :eek:

6 miles tonight, with a short stop to chat a couple of mates who were out walking. It was a very short chat cause it was bloody freezing, they were all wrapped up & I was in a tee-shirt. Pace 9:25

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|69|9
    Feb|28|3
    Total|97|12

Bit of a catch-up, running and logging has been hit & miss recently

Thu, Feb 7 - 6 miles @ 9:03 pace
    Sat, Feb 9 - 18 miles @ 9:38 pace
    Tue, Feb 12 - 7 miles @ 9:36 pace
    Thu, Feb 14 - 6 miles @ 10:09 pace
    Sat, Feb 16 - 20 miles @ 9:47 pace
    Mon, Feb 18 - 6 miles @ 9:23 pace
    Sat, Feb 23 - 15 miles @ 9:37 pace
    Sun, Feb 24 - 6 miles @ 9:30 Pace

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|69|9
    Feb|112|11
    Total|181|20

Thats fantastic running and great pace going on there as well. You are going to have a great year on the back of all this hard work.

On a personal note , thanks a million for your message of support which came at the exact time I needed a lift . It was much appreciated.

Thats fantastic running and great pace going on there as well. You are going to have a great year on the back of all this hard work.

On a personal note , thanks a million for your message of support which came at the exact time I needed a lift . It was much appreciated.

+1, glad you're fully recovered and back on the road J, we missed you in Donadea. Any races planned?

HTT, I'm waiting for your report:D What an amazing achievement! We are all so, so proud of you:D
    PS I imagine it takes a long time to write a report for a 24 hour race, I hope you're basking in glory and recovering well

• Advertisement

What's your targets for the next few months J?
    Marthastew wrote: »
    HTT, I'm waiting for your report:D What an amazing achievement! We are all so, so proud of you:D
    PS I imagine it takes a long time to write a report for a 24 hour race, I hope you're basking in glory and recovering well

I'll settle for nothing less than a lap by lap breakdown!:D

Poor H2T is under pressure to deliver an epic report! :D

Next target race is the Ultra in Conn, I was considering switching to the full as I don't think I've done enough miles. Anyway, I think I'll go for it, hopefully the long runs over the next few weeks will be enough. Also doing Tralee as a training run, looking forward to that one. After that, no plans until Berlin, I will run a few easy marathons over the summer but nothing flat out until Berlin.

25th - 6 miles @ 9:35 pace. Christened a pair of Triumph 9's on this one, not too bad but felt less bouncy than the Nimbus, so I'll keep them for the shorter stuff. My wallet prefers Saucony but my feet prefer the asics.

26th - Rest day

27th - Got stuff on this evening so had to drag myself out of bed early for this one. Nice enough once I got out and warmed up. 6 miles @ 9:35 min pace.

Next target race is the Ultra in Conn, I was considering switching to the full as I don't think I've done enough miles. Anyway, I think I'll go for it, hopefully the long runs over the next few weeks will be enough. Also doing Tralee as a training run, looking forward to that one. After that, no plans until Berlin, I will run a few easy marathons over the summer but nothing flat out until Berlin.

Nice one. See ya in Tralee so!

Poor H2T is under pressure to deliver an epic report! :D

Woo Hoo:D Conn Ultra, you will LOVE it J:) Keep up the good work.
    Might see you 16th March in town for MSB 5K?

Marthastew wrote: »
    Might see you 16th March in town for MSB 5K?

Afraid not, Tralee is on the same day.

Well well, somebody is busy signing up for marathons and ULTRAS! Best of luck in both J! :)

Mar 2nd - 23 miles @ 9:43 pace. Nice one this run, did 3 loops of the park about 7 miles with each loop finishing up the Khyber back to the car for a drink. Tagged on the extra miles at the end.

Mar 3rd – 4 recovery miles @ 10:08 pace

Mar 4th – 6 miles @ 9:56 pace. Couldn’t get going at all on this one, the weekend long run was still in the legs.

5th & 6th – one planned rest day, one unplanned

Mar 7th - 6 miles @ 9:50 pace, itching to get out after 2 days of no running.

Mar 8th - 26.2 miles @ 9:49 pace. A couple of miles to start, then back to the car to ditch the rain jacket. I did the same 3x7 mile loops as the last time, with a detour around Farmleigh on the last loop. Got back to the car just at 26 miles, so had to run up & down the road for the .2 – very tempted not to bother. Not a bad run, the rainy mist helped a lot.

Mar 9th – rest day

Mar 10th – 6 miles @ 9:11 pace – freezing cold out there, glad to get this one done.

Month|Miles|No Runs
    Jan|69|9
    Feb|124|13
    Mar|71|6
    Total|264|28

You ran a marathon a few days ago..... :eek: Was that a treat to yourself for your birthday? :P

• Advertisement

Thats awesome running. You must be in super condition these days. Well done.

Advertisement