Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing numbers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

DigiJem wrote: »
    Dec 23rd: First day off work so headed off to the park for a long run. Great day for it, felt like summer at times with the sunshine.  Nice run but the traffic heading home was crap, half of Dublin was heading out the M4.   20 miles, avg pace 9:40, avg hr 155.  

Dec 24th: first few miles were tough with the wind blowing and a bit of tiredness in the legs. Ran into town for a change, quite funny to see the panicked faces of the last minute shoppers, and the agro drivers stuck in traffic. Not much xmas cheer so i left them to it and ran up to Charleville forest for a bit of peace and quiet. Eventually, with sanity restore I headed home, avoiding the town centre madness. 10 miles, avg pace 9:42

Wow a 20 and a 10 back to back. You're already in shape for Donandea and miles ahead of me :o Any decisions on Conn Ultra yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Yep the back to back runs aren't too bad so far, I'm doing them pretty slow. I was looking at the mileage I've planned for January, and I think it makes sense to have a go at Conn Ultra this year. I probably will, assuming I get over the 50k ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Yep the back to back runs aren't too bad so far, I'm doing them pretty slow. I was looking at the mileage I've planned for January, and I think it makes sense to have a go at Conn Ultra this year. I probably will, assuming I get over the 50k ok

Great yeah, it makes a lot of sense. You are miles up on plan and Donadea will stand you well for Conn. IF you are up for it a few of us will be planning a 30 mile howth to Bray run about 4/5 weeks out from Conn Ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

DJ you are doing some great runs. Well done girl i am very impressed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Nules10 wrote: »
    DJ you are doing some great runs. Well done girl i am very impressed :)

Yeah I think I'm great doing am few miles and then I read this log!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Training is going brilliantly DigiJem, great work :)

Dec 30th: Rejigged the schedule so I can get the long runs done and then relax on new years day. Started off in the rain, with a stiff breeze which wasn’t great. Ditched the rain jacket after 5 miles as it was too warm. Not much else to add, weather was rotten, but the run was ok for most part. Felt pretty rough for the last 5 miles, probably started a little faster than I should have. Anyway job done, then back home to dry off and warm up with some yummy soup, top recovery food :) 22 miles, avg pace 9:34 min/mi, avg hr 154.

Dec 30th : A struggle to force myself off the couch and into the rain, it required some self bribery with promises of wine and chocolate later on. A right drag around town, legs were tired but glad I went out and got it done. 10 miles, avg pace 9:39 min/mi, avg hr 147. Brings me up to 1593 miles for the year, happy with that after the early year injury. Roll on 2012!

Month|No of runs|Miles
    Jan|20|136
    Feb|11|78
    Mar|9|33
    Apr|21|69
    May|21|94
    Jun|20|112
    Jul|24|166
    Aug|23|203
    Sep|25|199
    Oct|22|194
    Nov|20|124
    Dec|22|184

Wow, 32 miles in one day....tee hee!!!

Seriously though 2 great runs.

Jan 1st : 3 recovery miles, just to shake the soreness from the legs, avg pace 10:36 min/mi, avg hr 135

Jan 2nd : Intervals on the turbo, 45 mins

This week’s plan, a step-back week:

Day|Session
    Mon|x-train
    Tue|5 miles
    Wed|10 miles
    Thur|5 miles with 6x100m strides
    Fri| 3 miles recovery
    Sat|10m
    Sun|10m

• Advertisement

Jan 3rd: Easy enough run, I managed to miss the sleet and rain, so I only had to cope with the strong wind blowing. Did the last mile in 8:48, just to remind myself I can still do a sub 9 min/mile. 5 miles, avg pace 9:31 min/mi, avg hr 156

Jan 4th: Pretty hellish out tonight, got my face sandblasted by the driving rain. Called it a day after 8 miles, avg pace 9:36 min/mi, avg hr 153

Switched my Conn entry to the ultra yesterday. I was going to wait and see how I coped with Donadea, but I had a burst of new year optimism and decided to go for it.

Jan 5th: Weather had eased tonight thankfully. I've been slacking on doing strides recently so 6x100m was tagged on after tonight's run. 5 miles, avg pace 9:32, avg hr 150.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Switched my Conn entry to the ultra yesterday. I was going to wait and see how I coped with Donadea, but I had a burst of new year optimism and decided to go for it.
    Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Switched my Conn entry to the ultra yesterday.

I don't think anyone doubted you would Digi ;) No bother to you girl!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ah good on you DJ you will do great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Nules10 wrote: »
    Ah good on you DJ you will do great

+1, best of luck with the training

Wussed out of yesterdays recovery run, I didn’t fancy another soaking. 10 miles today, pace 9:50 min/mi

Another uneventful 10 miler today, pace 9:54 min/mi, avg hr 146

Next week’s plan:
    Day|Session
    Mon|3 miles recovery
    Tue|5 miles
    Wed|10 miles
    Thur|5 miles with 6x100m strides
    Fri| Rest
    Sat|24m
    Sun|10m

Mon 9th : 3 recovery miles, slow as I could go, pace 10:38 min/mi, avg hr 139
    Tue 10th : 5 miles, pace 9:31 min/mi, avg hr 155
    Wed 11th : 10 miles, pace 9:46 min/mi, avg hr 156.

Nice run this evening after a long bad day at work, 5 miles which cleared my frazzled head. Pace 9:17 min/mi, avg hr 153

• Advertisement

Lovely and sunny out, wish I could have gone further but had to get back to work. 3 recovery miles, pace 10:15 min/mi, avg hr 141

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭claralara

Training still going well there DJ. Congrats on signing your life away and welcome to the cazy club... ;) What sort of weekly mileage are you looking at for the next few weeks?

claralara wrote: »
    What sort of weekly mileage are you looking at for the next few weeks?

Thanks CL, I'm doing 55 - 60 miles this week and for the next 2 weeks.
    I've only got 2 long runs left, 24 miles tomorrow & 26 in 2 weeks time.
    Thankfully after that it tapers for Donadea

Sat: met up with the boards group, perfect morning for it. Made a nice change to run with a large group and the miles flew by. I was on my own after mile 16, and suddenly got very hungry so looped back to the car to pick up a bar at mile 18. Rest of the run was uneventful, pace slowed a lot for the last 4 miles but happy to get it done.

Tried a few new things on the run, munched on an energy bar which made a nice change from gels. Also used an electrolyte tablet in the drink, they both seemed to work out ok, will use them for Donadea & Conn I think. 24 miles, pace 9:28, hr 151

Sun: A bit chillier this morning, met up with a smaller group in the park. Nice run, legs took a while to get going but I was ok by mile 3. 10 miles done, pace 9:19, hr 154

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Brilliant stuff DJ, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

Well done. I'm in awe! Cheers for the company over the two days.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Thats savage going, well done and give those legs a bit of rest, they deserve it.

chinguetti wrote: »
    Thats savage going, well done and give those legs a bit of rest, they deserve it.

And some wine and plenty chocolate!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭Aimman

Well done on the two long runs this weekend, was no bother to you.

• Advertisement

Took a rest day on Monday, just a couple of easy bike spins to ease the leg stiffness

Tues: Felt a good big tougher than the pace/hr suggests: 6 miles, pace 9:47, hr 153

Wed: Much better tonight, felt great and really enjoyed the run. 9 miles, pace 9:27, hr 152

Advertisement