Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chasing numbers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Much colder than recently out there tonight, the silver lining being the cold reduced the number of the 3 abreast walkers encountered. 6 miles, pace 9:29, hr 148

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭sunflowerRo

DigiJem wrote: »
    Much colder than recently out there tonight, the silver lining being the cold reduced the number of the 3 abreast walkers encountered. 6 miles, pace 9:29, hr 148

Ha. I agree. Only had to step off the footpath < 10 times to avoid them.
    You are flying this wk. Keep her lit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

DigiJem wrote: »

Passed a bunch of at least 15 walkers tonight. Operation Transformation perhaps? Can't complain though - I was in a group of 20 runners taking up the cycle lane :pac:

Fri: Recovery run, ignored the pace and just kept the HR in the low 140s. 3 miles, pace 10:36, hr 141

Sat: Tough at times with the wind blowing, but apart from that it went ok. 10 miles, pace 9:27, hr 148

Sun: Plan had another 10 miles for today but I hoped to get 15 or 16 done. However, straight from the off I felt tired and it was a bit of a struggle to get the 10 done, not sure why, just one of those runs. 10 miles, pace 9:39, hr 150

Next week’s plan, last week before the taper:):
    Day|Session
    Mon|4 miles recovery
    Tue|5 miles
    Wed|10 miles
    Thur|5 miles with 6x100m strides
    Fri| Rest
    Sat|26m
    Sun|10m

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

Phenomenal training run for the Saturday... best of luck with that. Full marathon as a training run is mental

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

Great running Digi. I think you'll have to tag on another .2 on Saturday though :)

pistol_75 wrote: »
    I think you'll have to tag on another .2 on Saturday though :)
    Not sure my ocd-like love of even numbers will let me do the .2, we’ll see

Yesterday was a write-off so up at silly o’clock this am to get the recovery miles done. Very easy to keep the pace down, think I was half asleep for the first mile. 4 miles, pace 10:20, hr 137

Straight out after work this evening, legs felt good after the recovery run earlier. 5 miles, pace 9:21, hr 152

I went back to pilates tonight, haven’t been in months. Really enjoyed it so plan to keep it up.

Headed out into the rain, had brought my gear to work but no rain jacket. :o Got absolutely soaked within the first mile, and by mile 4 I was freezing and ready to pack it in. Thankfully the rain and wind eased and I upped the pace which warmed me up a little. Grinded out the miles and got back to the car, damp and grumpy. Back home to warm the bones, hit the couch to watch the footie, which cheered me up no end :)

10 miles, pace 9:45, avg hr 148

Brrrr out tonight, made me run faster than planned. 5 miles, pace 9:09, hr 158.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Can't believe you're doing 26 on Saturday. I normally would be with you on the OCD issue of rounding up, but you have to add the .2
    Just for curiosity alone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great training DigiJem, enjoy the 26.2 miler :) It will set you up nicely for the 50K.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Are you going to do part of that 26 (.2) miler with the group tomorrow morning?

menoscemo wrote: »
    Are you going to do part of that 26 (.2) miler with the group tomorrow morning?

Yes I will, should make it a bit easier

An icy start to the morning. Met the group at nine for the first loop which flew by, then back at 10 to pick up the others. Perfect day for it, no wind and not too chilly. Did the usual loops of the park, then out to the memorial gardens. Some of the group headed back to the car after that, while the rest of us headed up Knockmaroom. Nearly busted a gut going up here after 16 miles, hr hit 180 at this stage but good to get it done.

Left the boy wonder at the cars around mile 20, it was great to have company up to that point. Stuck on a podcast for the last bit. Legs started to feel heavy but the pace didn’t drop off too much. Last pit stop at the car for a drink at 23.8 so I then only had to do 1.2 miles out and back to hit the 26.2, no need for laps of the car park. 4hrs and 5 minutes when I stopped the watch, happy to get that done without any major problems.

26.2 miles, avg pace 9:21, hr 154

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Fantastic running at the moment DJ. you must be very happy. Well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭belcarra

Great running Digijem! That Knockmaroon climb at mile 16 will stand you in great stead for the two races!

You may have company for the 4:45 in donadea yet...!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Well done, super stuff. And brilliant time for a Lsr (marathon).

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭The_Boy_Wonder

That's a great run. Fair play to you.
    Bit of a mad notion (I seem to be adopting this running madness quiet easily!) to go up Knockmarroon after 16. Still it should stand to you in long term even if it wasn't very pleasant at the time when you still had 10 to go.

You are absolutely flying. That was a nippy pace we were at too for the first few. Seriously well done!

• Advertisement

Sat on the couch all day looking out at the rain. Took a major HTFU conversation with myself to drag myself out the door. Legs were fairly stiff and didn't come good until about 3 miles into it. After that, it went ok, even had a little fun splashing through puddles. 10 miles, pace 9:29, hr 152

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Great training at the weekend DigiJem, though I think you were a little harsh by telling yourself to HTFU after the previous days 26.2 miles :pac:

Mon: Reset day, sport massage

Tues . Last January run, 4 miles, avg pace 9:21, hr 157 with a good few spikes. Brought me to 26 runs, 209 mi for the month. Followed by Pilates later on, lots of work on the hamstrings.

Wed: Unplanned rest day, dodgy tummy :mad:

Thurs: Still not feeling 100% but running didn’t make things any worse. Felt sluggish at times but in general it was ok. 8 miles, avg pace 9:28, hr 149

209 miles!!!!! Aaahhhh. That's amazing. You must be going through runners...like hot pasta dinners :)

Fri: Another missed run, a family party took precedence, should have been organized and done it before work. Added the 5 miles to the weekend runs instead.

Sat: 13m, pace 9:29, hr 149
    Sun: 12m, pace 9:37, hr 146

Only 4 runs this week was pretty poor, but mileage was not too bad, just a few miles short of the planned 40 for the week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

You're flying it at the moment digiJem, maybe those missed runs are a blessing in disguise, extra rest days sometimes are just what you need when the milage is so high.

Mon: 4m, pace 9:02, hr 154
    Tues: 4m, pace 8:54, hr 158

2 enjoyable short runs, a little faster than normal. Pilates tonight, hips and abs were the focus, they feel sore already, not looking forward to tomorrow. Instructor is funny, she keeps saying "but its a good pain" whenever we groan

6m, pace 9:29, hr 150. A little niggle in the right hip, probably just from yesterdays pilates, it eased off after a couple of miles.

Thurs: recovery run, put the watch to hr view and tried to keep the rate under 140. 3m, pace 10:21, hr 139

Fri: Nice easy post-work run, uneventful apart from a little scottie terrier chasing me down the road. Eventually I stopped and yelled at him, and he scurried back into his house. 6m, pace 9:30, hr 153

• Advertisement

The training plan i've been following is littered with 10milers, and tonight was the last one. :D Took it nice and handy for the first 5 miles, then picked up the pace to make it home for the rugby, needn't have bothered. Nice run though. 10m, pace 9:27, hr 147

Advertisement