Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Mobile coverage?

Options
  • 28-06-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

Hi I was just on the Emobile website and it's very well presented giving you advice on which mobile is right for you. However, mobile-wise their new enough on the market. Does anyone out there have info on them eg. their coverage- Is it any good (I live in a dip) Also costumer service etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Daffodil.d wrote: »
    Hi I was just on the Emobile website and it's very well presented giving you advice on which mobile is right for you. However, mobile-wise their new enough on the market. Does anyone out there have info on them eg. their coverage- Is it any good (I live in a dip) Also costumer service etc?
    That's what they'd like you to think ;)

Emobile = Eircom = Meteor. Meteor has been around since 2002 - although they weren't owned by Eircom at first - exact same mobile network, exact same coverage, exact same billing system. Customer service is handled separately staffwise but I'd imagine policies would be similar, if not identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

O2 and Eircom (eMobile/Meteor) signed a 10-year deal recently to co-operate on new network infrastructure. Basically, this is a site-sharing deal, but this will make it possible for both to dramatically improve their network coverage: in effect, the cost of raising a new mast is now halved for each operator.

In any case, eMobile/Meteor's network now covers Ireland pretty well. It wasn't great when they started, but the network isn't static; it grows and improves over time. If someone told you "Manchester United aren't a successful team these days; they won nothing in the 1980s", would you believe it? But you hear the same thing about mobile networks all the time..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

I'm using eMobile at the moment and I am even getting decent 3G coverage in small rural towns and absolutely excellent coverage in urban areas like Dublin and Cork.

eMobile is Meteor, just with different price plans and different brand.

Meteor's network has definitely improved since I used it last time.

Also, the customer service has been really good so far. No problems at all.

I'm a bit baffled by why eircom's opting to run two mobile brands, it seems like a very expensive way of marketing, but I suppose they had the issue that the Meteor brand wasn't really being picked up by business users as it had probably been too pushed towards the youth market over the years.

I'd say they'll probably pull the two brands together at some stage.

If you are contemplating changing - go into a store and pick up a free prepay SIM and test it out for a few days!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 DeeBE

I'm also considering moving over to e mobile after being with vodafone for a long time. Can anyone tell me if they offer the same webtext service that vodafone do (ie. free webtext)?? Its something i would use quite regularly.

Also it was suggested that you have to pay a deposit of €300 or so when you sign up with them, is this true?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭TakeTheVeil

They do offer free webtexts yes. 300 a month. Accessible via a smart phone application too, so you can effectively add 300 texts to your month allowance.

The deposit thing is a person-by-person thing. No-one I know has been asked for a deposit, but some people on boards have. I assume it's to do with your credit rating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

DeeBE wrote: »
    I'm also considering moving over to e mobile after being with vodafone for a long time. Can anyone tell me if they offer the same webtext service that vodafone do (ie. free webtext)?? Its something i would use quite regularly.
    Not exactly, Vodafone's 600 webtexts are to any international number.
    Meteor's 300 webtexts are ROI only.

Advertisement