Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fas course interview

Options
  • 28-06-2011 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Has anyone had any dealings with fas regarding doing an interview for healthcare assistant?I had an apptitude test today and said if i passed i would be called for an interview next week...The downside is that i have waited 1 year for this course and i walked into the room today for the test to find 100 people going for 20 places..any advice or previous experiences shared would bbe gratfully recieved.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭crotalus667

I did this course with the fingal vec, same thing me and a room full of people going for it (there where over 1500 going for it when i was applied) we found out at the interview that we had actually gotten it, so it was not really an interview , your might be different tho , there is fair amount of course work to submit in the form of portfolios, so the will prob ask you about stuff that will relate to how well you work at that sort of stuff on your own, i was asked why i wanted to do the course pretty standered stuff do you have any experence is a good one for this because if you do you know how unpleasent some of the smells and sights in the work place can be. If you passed the test that really means they now need to find out if you are going to stick out the course. i dressed for both test and interview in a suit and tie, tbh i think it really helps alot of people that came for the test looked like they had just rolled out of bed and did not really care (i found out later that alot had been sent)

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭babsybaby01

I'm hoping that if I get the course that I have a bit of help already...I already have work placement sorted and my wife teaches fetac level 5 in customer services so she knows what standards my folders will have to be up too...If it's ok crotalus667 I might keep in touch along the way in case I might be able to get advice off you from time to time?;)I about to do a career change so I'm hoping the course comes up for me

Advertisement