Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough currane

Options
  • 28-06-2011 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

Hit or miss?its a funny lake to hit right and am looking for opinions pls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

Heading down at the weekend - any recent reports?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Slasher

Good few grilse.

Not so many trout.

http://wwwsalmonandseatroutphotos.blogspot.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

thanks - been reading those reports, hopefully a few trout will make an appearence

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭Mr Bumble

Been here for a week and very poor. Unsettled weather and nasty wind on and off. But good conditions as well. I've been out very early and very late and caught a couple of juniors and brownies.
    There's very few trout in the lake and anything that was seems to have pushed through to the back lakes on the big water last week and earlier this week. It has been this way for three years now and people should be worried. 2010 was the last semi-decent year.
    The catch returns on Vincent Appleby's blog are all about drifting under oars with a ghillie but after flogging away for six days, ordinary drifting for sea trout is a dying art on Currane. The trollers still get fish but very few have caught sea trout this year so far with any method.
    Juniors and 2/4lb sea trout haven't turned up again this year or they have changed their habits dramatically. The lake is very clear and this may be relevant.
    I caught my first sea trout of the year, an eight inch junior on Wednesday, and I'm down a good bit.
    There's a good run of grilse.

Advertisement