Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sun holiday late 20's

• 28-06-2011 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi
    me and some girl friends are thinking of going on a sun holiday in august we're in our late 20's and want somewhere hot with good nightlife but not loads of young drunk 18yr olds!
    any suggestions greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭TT09

Las Vegas, great nightlife, over 21s, beautiful weather

• Registered Users Posts: 6 lorna N

Vegas is not in the budget! was thinking of a cheaper sun holiday, maybe Portugal, or Italy. we don't wanna end up somewhere with loads of teenages who just got their leaving cert results

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Euskadi1888

Greece is meant to be a riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭sammye333

Lorna

Sharm el sheikh would be a good bet. Its Really hot, does have some good clubs . You can get some great hotels All inclusive.
    What sort of budget are ye looking at

sammy

• Registered Users Posts: 8 linkee87

Hi Lorna, I'd be interested to see where you ended up going - myself and some friends are looking to go away this summer and would like the same type of holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭fletch

sammye333 wrote: »
    Lorna

Sharm el sheikh would be a good bet. Its Really hot, does have some good clubs . You can get some great hotels All inclusive.
    What sort of budget are ye looking at

sammy
    I wouldn't really recommend Sharm el Sheikh...I have been there 3 times now and while I love it, the night-life isn't great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭brimal

I would recommend Tel Aviv.

Excellent beach, plenty of sun, great night life, great food, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

Portugal is a lovely but a little quiet - more for your 30's; cant comment on Italy. Greece is full of post leaving cert lunatics on their first holiday without mammy and daddy.

What about Barcelona? You've got the beach but theres loads to do and its got some of the best night life in europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 linkee87

Thanks for the recommendations! We have been to Barcelona before - great city. Want to try something different. Mainly looking for a beach holiday - relaxing during the day and party at night - without the youngsters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Croatia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,963 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

How about the south of France, say Nice. It can be expensive if you don't shop around and depending on how you do it but there is excellent weather, nightlife, shopping and shed loads of things to see and do durning the day as well as beaches. I go at least once a year almost always around September or October and its beautiful and connected by train to the likes of Monte Carlo, Villefranche Sur Mer, Antibes, St Tropez.. No pesky kids or puke filled streets, in fact the old town in particular is brilliant at night atmosphere wise all year round. Aer Lingus will get you down for about 160 return depending how early you book...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

brimal wrote: »
    I would recommend Tel Aviv.

Excellent beach, plenty of sun, great night life, great food, etc.

Interesting suggestion. What's it like there? Is there an edge to the place? Locals nice? Sorry for all the questions, would like to know more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭brimal

gebbel wrote: »
    Interesting suggestion. What's it like there? Is there an edge to the place? Locals nice? Sorry for all the questions, would like to know more.

Well to start off, the weather is hot. The beach is really nice, clean sand, clear sea, excellent views of skyscrapers and other cool buildings dotted along the coastline.

Food is excellent, really big portions compared to Ireland. Since Israel is kind of in-between Europe, Africa and Asia, you will get all kinds of cuisine here. Sushi is very popular in TLV.

The locals are diverse, young and speak excellent English (most Israelis learn English from age 9 onwards in school).

Tel Aviv can be a party city, with all sorts of pubs and clubs. There is no official closing time for bars. Everything is put on tab, pay at the end of the night. TLV has one of the biggest Gay Pride festivals in the world.

I would definitely call Tel Aviv a city with edge and one of the 'cool' cities of the world. The vibe there is really nice. Ryan Air are trying to secure a route in 2013 which will connect Dublin directly to Tel Aviv, and I hear Aer Lingus recently signed a deal with El Al to get a route over to here too.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tel_Aviv#Tourism_and_recreation

Advertisement