Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalmation verses terrier!

• 29-06-2011 5:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hi all! I am the proud co- owner of three dogs, two dalmations (bitch very preggers at the minute!) and a terrier mix. My problem is that my terrier who iv had the longest, and the recently rescued male dalmation do not get on!at all! The terrier is frightened off the dalmation and for good reason as he snarls and growls at him and is so much bigger! I just need to no is there anyway I can get them to get along? If I neuter my terrier will the dalmation leav him alone? Iv tried walkin them together, given them equal attention everything! Help! I don't want to get rid of either one, love them to bits!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

Theres an old saying 'Kennel three kill one'
    basically it means that when theres a fight(and there will be) two of the dogs will go at it and the third one will just jump in and grab the one thats losing/easiest to get to and between the pair of them will kill the third one
    I wouldnt leave the terrier and the dalmatian alone unsupervised cos i think youre only asking for trouble and the terrier will lose the dalmatian is a physically stronger animal
    Sorry but id say youre gonna have to choose one over the other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Hi all! I am the proud co- owner of three dogs, two dalmations (bitch very preggers at the minute!) and a terrier mix. My problem is that my terrier who iv had the longest, and the recently rescued male dalmation do not get on!at all! The terrier is frightened off the dalmation and for good reason as he snarls and growls at him and is so much bigger! I just need to no is there anyway I can get them to get along? If I neuter my terrier will the dalmation leav him alone? Iv tried walkin them together, given them equal attention everything! Help! I don't want to get rid of either one, love them to bits!

Is the dalmation neutered?

To be honest, having 2 entire males in the house hold can be tough and even more so when theres an entire bitch too as they are probably fighting over her, so you need to neuter at least one of them i think.

Advertisement