Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2/2.5d MMO's?

Options
  • 29-06-2011 6:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭

Seeing as I'm finished the leaving now, I want to start playing MMO's again. I've only ever played 2 or 2.5d games because it's all my laptop can handle. I used to play LaTale loads but then the european server was taken down (Go figure :rolleyes:) and that was a few months wasted. Same with Wonderking.

So does anyone know of a good 2 or 2.5d mmorpg? I've already tried Maplestory (ugh), Trickster, and Ragnarok just doesn't really look like my cup of tea.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

runescape :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Dragonica might be an option. I was playing it for a while myself, but rage quit after a really cheap boss fight (trapped in the corner and unable to move whilst my health was just whittled down and down until death).

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭jamiemc

Hi,

I don't have the password for my official account at home, but I saw this tonight and thought I'd give you an answer.

Yeah Dragonica fits the bill, gPotato.eu publish it, Allods and some browser games. It's 2.5D, will run on reasonabbly specced desktops, laptops and some of the newer netbooks and still looks good at low quality. With the expansions that have been added over the last year, you can play the MMO side of the game, PvP (up to ten players), Guild on Guild (25v25), and there are new modes which are defence mode (ten waves) and a tower defence mode in the trailer below when you get into the game past the cutesy stuff in the first couple of zones.

I personally play it on my old SNES pad with a SNES to USB adapter I got off eBay for about a fiver, and then I have mapped my keyboard commands to the different buttons because a lot of the moves are directions and buttons, like forward forward attack, and
    it's all combo based and very fluid.

It's free, just under 2GB to download from http://dragonica.gpotato.eu and our servers are in Dublin.

Enjoy

Jamie
    gPotato.eu

P.S. Shiminay, how long ago did you play? The devs sorted that bug a good while ago now

Advertisement