Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Major update for older Nokia phones

Options
  • 29-06-2011 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭

According to Nokia's blog (
    http://conversations.nokia.com/2011/06/29/updates-to-symbian-3-2-and-5-0/ ), owners of the most recent Series60 3rd Edition and Series 60 5th Edition phones will be seeing a very nice update soon. The two big-news items are:

- New, faster web browser (the same one that's going into the Symbian Anna release for the new phones)
    - New Ovi Maps (3.4 for 3rd Edition phones, 3.6 for 5th Edition phones; 3.6 is the very latest version)

Rollout? Today, apparently, for C6-00 and 5230 (from Nokia this is a major shock), but the usual caveats about Operator-branded devices being later than SIM-free apply.
    Nokia wrote:
    These updates will be targeted at selected phones running Symbian 3.2 and Symbian 5.0, but let’s break that down so we know exactly what that means:
    Symbian 3.2:
    Nokia E72
    Nokia E52
    Nokia E5
    Nokia C5-00
    Nokia 6700 slide

Symbian 5.0:
    Nokia C6-00
    Nokia C5-03
    Nokia 5230
    Nokia 5235
    Nokia 5250
    Nokia X6
    Nokia N97 mini
    Nokia 5800 XpressMusic
    Nokia 5530 XpressMusic

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

good news then for my nokia E51 and my nokia X6, especially the X6, i tried other browsers but i always came back to the default ones, for simplicity and handiness really, as even though for example i set opera or UC browser as default browser in apps manager, when i'd click on a link in an e-mail or text, it'd open the nokia browser every time... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Browser is definitely quicker on the E72, but cant see much improvement in the maps. Maybe over time will notice a bit more

Advertisement