Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 'I predict a Riot' game!!!

Options
  • 29-06-2011 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭

It has unfortunately been clear for some time now that the Country is in an accelerating nosedive. At this time also our Government is busy closing essential services and robbing from pensions etc. to continue to fund the Fatcat Thieves and Liars that happily drain our Public finances.

It really is just a matter of time until the Irish People take to the streets and start merrily smashing windows, looting and burning things.

The aim of the game is to pick the day it all kicks off as accurately as you can - There'll be a prize for the winner of course as well as the associated status and pride involved in being the Nations foremost authority on Civil Disobedience and Anarchy.

I predict January 3rd 2012 as People will be broke after Christmas and New Years and after years of being treated like crap at every turn some final new/cut/tax or whatever other insult will come from Fine Gael to finally push People over the edge and say 'enough is fcuking enough, hand me my flaming torch and pitchfork......'

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,351 ✭✭✭Orando Broom

Rioting in January? In the cold, damp and wet. No chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,493 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Raiser wrote: »
    It really is just a matter of time until the Irish People take to the streets and start merrily smashing windows, looting and burning things.

no, they won't you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Irish people don't have the energy or inclination as a whole to riot, why can't people get this into their heads?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not going to happen. Irish people are too apathetic and things still aren't all that bad relatively speaking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Confab wrote: »
    Irish people don't have the energy or inclination as a whole to riot, why can't people get this into their heads?

Too much empty carbs. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

if its ever going to happen it'll be in the month of june!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

60% of the population have no clue what's going on (or don't care). People are still idolising the bastards that caused this mess FFS. Have a protest all you want, the folk who view the world through RTE will think you drive taxis or vote Sinn Fein.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'll riot if you all riot first.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭marnie d

This is fun!

I say after the next budget day next November, the dole will be cut and all the skangers who have been on the dole for years will get drunk with the entire week's pay in one day, get mad that they've none left for tomorrow and attack everything around them.

Who's next?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Thats what you said last time....... I was standing on the Counter in Supermacs in my jocks with a flaming Molotov Cocktail when I got your text message :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭beegirl

I'm gonna go for 10th December 2011, give folks a few days after the budget to get their pitchforks in order etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Thats what you said last time....... I was standing on the Counter in Supermacs in my jocks with a flaming Molotov Cocktail when I got your text message :(

Ah yeah, but it was awful cold and looked like it was going to rain, and Lost was on telly. If you'd had the riot a few hours earlier now, it would've been grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭theboss80

marnie d wrote: »
    This is fun!

I say after the next budget day next November, the dole will be cut and all the skangers who have been on the dole for years will get drunk with the entire week's pay in one day, get mad that they've none left for tomorrow and attack everything around them.

Who's next?
    beegirl wrote: »
    I'm gonna go for 10th December 2011, give folks a few days after the budget to get their pitchforks in order etc.

Hmmmm - Rookie mistake from me, never thought it through properly and factored in the budget :o

- If I was betting any serious money I'd have to go with the days after the budget shambles this year allright......

Well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The day the Government makes it illegal for supermarkets to sell cut price booze will be the day the Irish take to the streets! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Opelfruit

Not going to happen. Irish people are too apathetic....
    No, Irish people are too intelligent to resort to, or even believe, that wanton violence is going to solve our problems.

FF put off making the really hard decisions as long as possible. Our new democratically elected government now has to solve the problem of our public finances.

If people disagree with government policy then by all means protest, just do it peacefully. Attacking private property or smashing in restaurant windows, like they are doing in Greece, is retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'm happy to live in a society where people don't protest violently

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

We can't organise mass peaceful protests nevermind a full scale riot.

--Kaiser-- wrote: »
    I'm happy to live in a society where people don't protest violently

The irony here is that while you make a good point, you have to think about how much more forcibly you could make suchlike good points while brandishing a flaming Weapon while standing on an overturned Vehicle on O'Connell St.

When you assess it intrinsically, rioting is really just one strand in the whole fibre and being of a rounded Democracy.*

*The above statement may well be total horseshít, I just made it up to lend some weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Feb 30th 2012

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭careca11

well the IMF are in town on the 25th July , that would be the ideal time for the people of the country to down tools and show them and the gov that the irish people have had enough (if it turns violent, well and good ), becasue at the mo the Gov/imf/eu are just chipping away at us and will continue until such time we make a stand

The irony here is that while you make a good point, you have to think about how much more forcibly you could make suchlike good points while brandishing a flaming Weapon while standing on an overturned Vehicle on O'Connell St.

When you assess it intrinsically, rioting is really just one strand in the whole fibre and being of a rounded Democracy.*

*The above statement post may well be is total horseshít, I just made it up to lend some weight.

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

I'll go for November 15th.

reason: the hospitals will run out of cash and whole wards will be shut down and A&E might run reduced hours. Minister already said they have to work to their budgets.

Plus there will probably be some softening prior the Budget where people will know there are cuts coming from some areas like Dole, Childrens Allowance etc.

However the July ULA march could turn nasty if certain groups infultrate their march.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

I try to do a little rioting every Saturday night in the pubs of Galway.

biko wrote: »
    I try to do a little rioting every Saturday night in the pubs of Galway.

That's riot out of order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

13th March 2013.

No reason.

Eve_Dublin wrote: »
    13th March 2013.

No reason.

Christ this competition could really be open for abuse...... People could very easily kick off a riot on their chosen day to win it :(

- New rule - If you are identified on the evening news then you are automatically eliminated from this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

:D

April 1st 2012 - We've denied being Fools for long enough, now its time to embrace it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

I'm going for early december. When the parents finally realise they're not going to be able to fulfil their wain's christmas hopes. Then they go mad at the government.

DECEMBER 11TH
    which also happens to be my birthday, but you don't need to know that......

• Advertisement

I'm going for early december. When the parents finally realise they're not going to be able to fulfil their wain's christmas hopes. Then they go mad at the government.

Mammy: "Honey we can't afford to buy little Nora a Malibu Stacy Doll."
    Daddy: "Ok Darling." *Sighs* "Lets go burn down this fcuking City."

Hmmmm - Plausible.

Advertisement