Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slow is the new fast...

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Ah sorry to hear that p. But there is loads of time left in 2012 to get super duper fit... just mind that leg for now ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

1.92km, 11:17

Felt like a warm up :o.
    I suppose 11 minutes is better than no minutes!

Ice & foam roll now.

16:30 mins.

No pain... getting there :)

20 mins last night... no pain :)

19th Feb: 20 mins easy. No problems, a little bit of stiffness but putting that down to the new runners. Took a trip to Amphibian King and got a gait scan done (neutral), tried 4 pairs and found the best ones for me by a long shot were the Mizuno Wave Riders. Have only had one run in them since (crazy busy last week) but they seem very comfortable.

25th Feb: RAS UCD, official time not up yet, but my Garmin has me at 25:37 with avg pace: 5.07min/km.
    Considering my lack of training and my injured leg the last while, I'm delighted with this :). Went out without a target in mind. Enjoyed the race and my leg didn't hurt (until a few hours later - but I think that's just stiffness).

So, gonna try get back into a proper training routine this week, junk food needs to go & I'll cut down a bit on the beer!! My college timetable is only 3 days a week for the next few weeks, but I have my wrist surgery on the 5th March - not sure how that'll affect my running, doctor warned me I won't be able to be too active for a few weeks at least.

• Advertisement

20 mins easy.

New runners are making me work my calves more than usual. No ITB pain :D which is great, legs are tired though which is why I just did an easy short run. Hopefuly start increasing my distance again from now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Well done p on the race great time

30 mins easy.

No pain :D. Gonna try an 8k on the weekend as a LSR.

8.31km 48:36 avg pace: 5:51min/km

:D:D:D

Finally! A decent pain-free run. Took this as a not-so-long LSR. No pain, just a bit of stiffness. I don't seem to have lost much fitness, but my legs feel a bit tired.

Pity about the timing. I have my wrist surgery tomorrow - which means I probably won't be able to run for 2 weeks at least, mainly because of the dressing I'll have on my arm (can't get it wet etc..). :o

Surgery went well, was a bit more complicated than expected - but just means a bigger scar and slow recovery.

All going well, I'll try a run in 2 weeks when the stitches come out (no running until then - uncomfortable & have to keep it dry)- but I've to keep a brace on the arm for about 4 weeks after too.

No running or cycling... I'm gonna get very grumpy :rolleyes:!!

• Advertisement

Grumpiness has defo set in. I need a run!!!:mad:

Stitches out on Wednesday - hopefully I'll be able to get out then.

Finally got out for a run tonight. Arm is still heavily strapped so it was quite awkward and uncomfortable.
    I was glad to get the exercise though -I've put on half a stone in the last few weeks and i's all sitting on my middle :mad:

26 mins.

beautiful night out there.

32 mins easy

Arm still making things awkward - but I can't not go out on a night like that.

28 mins easy.

Will try get back to some decent running next week. :D

Have listened to this song whilst running many times. Just saw the video for the first time... it's full of running!!

8.31km 49:16 avg pace 5.56min/km

Puts me at 22.5km for my first full week back. I'll be careful and only increase slowly each week.

My arm is still strapped up so still can't cycle for another week or so, but that'll give me some time to get a few running miles into my legs before I go back to doing both!

2nd April: 5.00km 29.57 avg pace 5.59min/km

5th April: Walked up Three Rock

6th April: 5.00km 29.58 avg pace 6.00min/km

10.00km 1:01:35 avg pace 6.10min/km

Woke up yesterday feeling unwell, groggy, a bit chesty and generally a bit achy, so skipped yesterdays run. Felt the same when I woke this morning - so decided I'd go for a run and see if it helped! It did. I don't feel great (probably coming down with a cold) but I feel better than this morning.

Plus, that's the longest run I've done since January :)

I'm sick, can't run :(. Hopefully be better by the weekend.

still suffering with an ear infection.

it's just one thing after another!!!:(

• Advertisement

Tried a 30 minute run last night, found it really really hard. Antibiotics + lack of sleep + 25km cycle every day = tired captain P!!

Was gonna do another 30 mins tonight, but thought my body could really do with a rest instead.

came off my bike this morning and I've broken my shoulder pretty badly, stitches at the side of my eye, and a fair bit of road rash.:(:(:(

Something is trying to tell me not to do Dublin Marathon!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

captain P wrote: »
    came off my bike this morning and I've broken my shoulder pretty badly, stitches at the side of my eye, and a fair bit of road rash.:(:(:(

Something is trying to tell me not to do Dublin Marathon!!

Oh thats awful, hope you feel better soon. PS think it's more of a sign to stay away from bike ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

ouch!:(

Hope it heals up quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Ah no, poor you :( that's just rotten luck!

Think I'm just gonna close this log. It'll probably be 3 months before I can run again. Race series and marathon are very unlikely to happen for me now, I'll be starting from scratch in a few months and I can start a new log then.

Thanks for all the support, I'll still be lurking around everyone elses logs!!!

Advertisement