If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a small LCD TV

Options
  • 29-06-2011 10:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm looking for a secondary bedroom tv that's wall mountable, something around 22-26".

Any suggestions? Budget would be 200 euros or less preferrably. Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Ricky.

Cheers for the post.

If you want something on a budget, then the LG 22LD350 at £159.95 is a good little TV.

If you want something really sexy, check out the Philips 22PFL3405 which is an LED model and is priced at £199.95.

If you did want to go up to 26", there is really only one that I would recommend which is the LG 26LK330 which is £249.95.

The problem with 26" is that some are nearly as expensive as the 32" models although the picture quality is in the 26".

The Philips is brilliant and our MD has one himself and loves it.

I hope this helps, but let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭rickyjb

Hi Dave, thanks for the reply.

I forgot to mention also that preferrably the TV would have MPEG-4 for Irish digital TV, do either of the TVs mentioned above have this? I couldn't find the info on your website.

I was also looking at this Samsung XL2270HD on your english website, does it have MPEG-4 decoding and if I was interested would it be possible to collect it in Dublin without paying delivery?

Ricky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Rickyjb.

Just a little note on the MPEG 4 tuner found in the Philips 22PFL3405H, It can tune into the Digital TV and Radio stations no worries plus it can access the EPG.
    It wont however display the Digital Teletext.

Hope that helps as far as the Philips TV is concerned

Cheers
    Ash

That does help thanks ashley. Do you know if any interactive services would still work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Cant check at the moment im afraid - cant find any interactive service to test:o

• Advertisement

I was just wondering how payment/collection works if I was to go for the Phillips tv as mentioned above, I couldn't see it on your website?

Also are there any other tv's with similar price specs that are fully "saorview" compatible? It doesn't seem to have the info on either of your websites. Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

rickyjb wrote: »
    I was just wondering how payment/collection works if I was to go for the Phillips tv as mentioned above, I couldn't see it on your website?

Also are there any other tv's with similar price specs that are fully "saorview" compatible? It doesn't seem to have the info on either of your websites. Thanks.

Rickyjb,

Thanks for the post and apologies for the delay getting back to you - the new range of Philips Saorview Officially Certified TV's are just around the corner ( I should have more information on Thursday/Friday).

In other brands the new LG range of 'LV' and 'LK' ranges are also now Saorview Certified - you can have a look at them here http://www.richersounds.com/products/home-cinema/lcd-and-plasma/all-tvs

On the payment front - we happily take cash /cheque / credit card & frequently barter ;) - you can always give us a call on 01.474.0788 or 00.44.900.333.0070 to discuss payment options and the guys will be most happy to lighten your wallet (and offer any advice of course ;))

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way at all,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.