Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nightclubs Sligo

Options
  • 29-06-2011 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hey, I have never been to Sligo but i am going to be there for a weekend in August, i am looking for advice on nightclubs please! we are a group of girls all in our late 20's early 30's and want to go somewhere with people who are in the same age bracket can anyone advise? i hear the velvet club is good? cheers in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Buddinplant

Velvet is your best bet. and you can book a table or VIP area if its a large group. and best bit, no teenyboppers in sight!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Bear in mind, as far as I know/remember, Velvet is only open on Saturday Nights (ocassionally fridays depending on time of year).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Yeah, saturdays only but velvet is the best bet I'd say. Unless ye're a gaggle of wimmins on a hen and ye want to harass a bunch of young fellas.....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 jennyn

brilliant thanks so much for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

jennyn wrote: »
    Hey, I have never been to Sligo but i am going to be there for a weekend in August, i am looking for advice on nightclubs please! we are a group of girls all in our late 20's early 30's and want to go somewhere with people who are in the same age bracket can anyone advise? i hear the velvet club is good? cheers in advance.

Velvet or the Garavogue would be the best spot for your age group.

Generally mostly Early teens mid 20's go to the other places;
    Toffs, Pure, The Clarence.

There's McHughes which might be a nice spot as well. It's a pub but it has a DJ as well.

Shenanigans MAY be a good shout as well as long as you don't mind being mixed with a few teens. Shenanigans is one of the most generalized spot in Sligo. So many ages groups start/end up there on a night out!

But it's all really down to preference! There's no harm in checking them all out! :)

Hope I've helped you out :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Generally mostly Early teens mid 20's go to the other places;
    Don't think the early teens have been going to nightclubs since envy closed:p

OP I'd agree on the suggestions of Velvet/Garavogue. Kennedys on Rockwood parade seems to be targeting that sort of age group too, might be a good shout before heading to the Velvet. Never been there so can't say too much about it.

Hargadons and Shoot the Crows are both nice old style pubs which could be worth checking out if ye want a few quiet ones early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

Well coming from a 19 year old, if you want a crowd more your age, the best spots probably would be:
    Velvet Rooms
    The Garavogue
    McHughs

You'd prob want to stay out of
    The Leitrim (although i love it:P)
    Pure
    The Clarence

Not really sure about Toffs, cause i dont go there much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Tiffs is my usual spot,all young ones now.

Velvet room
    shenanigans
    garavogue I'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

As most posters have said already, I would recommend Garavogue, Velvet, Fiddlers or Mc Garrigals.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

+1 for the Garavougue. Late bar with band/DJ, no cover fee, and similar age group to Velvets. Mid 20's up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

Can anyone recommend any decent places where a stag can go/be let in?We'll be in fancy dress too by the way

Velvet room probably. Ring ahead and ask about a VIP area

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clondalphian

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Velvet room probably. Ring ahead and ask about a VIP area

Just checked their website and it says no fancy dress allowed

Hmm didn't realise that sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

What happened to Envy? That was the place to be when I was in college in sligo in 2006

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭mcw92

*Sparkle* wrote: »
    What happened to Envy? That was the place to be when I was in college in sligo in 2006

Envy was closed down near the end of 2009/start of 2010.
    It reopened in September 2010 as 'Pure'.
    Its in the same building but the layout inside is slightly different.
    But ya Pure = New Envy.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭sparkle_23

mcw92 wrote: »
    Envy was closed down near the end of 2009/start of 2010.
    It reopened in September 2010 as 'Pure'.
    Its in the same building but the layout inside is slightly different.
    But ya Pure = New Envy.

Oh! I was wondering! Well about time I suppose it was pretty crappy lookin when I was there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

AgileMyth wrote: »
    Don't think the early teens have been going to nightclubs since envy closed:p

OP I'd agree on the suggestions of Velvet/Garavogue. Kennedys on Rockwood parade seems to be targeting that sort of age group too, might be a good shout before heading to the Velvet. Never been there so can't say too much about it.

Hargadons and Shoot the Crows are both nice old style pubs which could be worth checking out if ye want a few quiet ones early on.

Not been to Toff's lately, I take it? Worse than Envy ever was.

Advertisement