Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joes Restaurant - Shannon Free Zone

• 29-06-2011 10:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Has anybody eaten here before?

I passed by it yesterday and thought it looked a bit dingy but whats the food like & prices etc?

Getting closer to lunch so need some answers!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Is that the place beside the bank? If it is, I used to eat there a few years back and always found it to be very nice, but it has been a long time since I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭INEEDANID

Clareman wrote: »
    Is that the place beside the bank? If it is, I used to eat there a few years back and always found it to be very nice, but it has been a long time since I was there.

Thats the one alright.

Im getting a bit sick of driving into the center of town everyday

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

i get take away from here about once every wk.Great selection for rolls/wraps/sandwiches/bagels/salads. also have a hot counter for breakfast & with chicken, chips & pies etc. you can obviously sit down in there too to eat. All staff very nice & generally very quick to serve if you are stuck for time.just try get in a few minutes b4 the lunch rush at 1pm.they also have a loyalty card that i use and once you buy 6 sandwiches/rolls you get the next 1 free. wrpas/rolls usually between €3.50 & €4 but are big!
    feeling peckish now & no lunch with metoday so think il be taking a trip down.
    cant stand the town centre it depresses me!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

When I worked in Shannon I used to have lunch there a couple of times a week, I seem to remember them doing a lovely curry and lasagne, the odd time we'd go to the Golf Club, other times there was a place in Smithstown (by the tyre place), then the Knight's. Last time I was in Shannon I went to the new Knight's Cafe, it was lovely

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭showgirlrita

*duplicate post*

• Advertisement

Looking forward to going there now! Yum yum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭golfball37

When I worked in Shannon I used to have lunch there a couple of times a week, I seem to remember them doing a lovely curry and lasagne, the odd time we'd go to the Golf Club, other times there was a place in Smithstown (by the tyre place), then the Knight's. Last time I was in Shannon I went to the new Knight's Cafe, it was lovely

Portions in the Knights are miserly. Food is nice but 10 euro for 2 slices of carvery and a dirty look when you ask for more than the small handful chips you get turned me off the place.

Which is a shame as the food is lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

golfball37 wrote: »
    Portions in the Knights are miserly. Food is nice but 10 euro for 2 slices of carvery and a dirty look when you ask for more than the small handful chips you get turned me off the place.

Which is a shame as the food is lovely.

You're not referring to Zest, are you?
    I love Zest. I ate lunch in the knights bar a couple of months back and it was awful. Hard to believe Zest is run by the same place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

when i worked in shannon i loved the rowantree in ballycasey but it'd be a bit far for you i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭LadyTBolt

I used to go to the Rowanberry in Ballycasey quite a bit a couple of years back as it was yum!
    The Chocolate Roulade was to die for. I actually know a girl who stopped off there on her way to the labour ward just to have some Choc Roulade, it was that good.
    Sadly, I went there recently and it was awful. Won't go there again. It's not the same place it used to be. :(

• Advertisement

There's a little cottage across the road from McDonald's that used to do a fantastic breakfast as well. I wonder how the Op got on in Joe's

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭alibride

i like joes for a quick no fuss sambo
    and joe is sound

There's a little cottage across the road from McDonald's that used to do a fantastic breakfast as well. I wonder how the Op got on in Joe's

Went to Joes today anyway as i didnt have time last week.
    Was pleased by what I found, good selection of stuff from sandwiches, rolls, fast food and dinners. I just had a takeaway roll but it was tasty and served fast and was €4 which is normal.

Saves me from driving into town now anyway when i dont bring a lunch:)

Advertisement