Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blueface Alternative

• 29-06-2011 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Blueface on the blink for the last 24 hours. Bad service has become something more frequent of late.

Who is a genuine alternative in Ireland? There are a few which I've seen listing home addresses as their business address but this isn't particularly confidence inspiring

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

macl wrote: »
    Blueface on the blink for the last 24 hours. Bad service has become something more frequent of late.

Who is a genuine alternative in Ireland? There are a few which I've seen listing home addresses as their business address but this isn't particularly confidence inspiring

I'm in the same position as you! We had no phones for about two days in total, and I'm not impressed at all.

This crowd who were setup in 2010 are affiliated to SoHo66 but is vat and company registered: http://www.goldfish.ie. Many people use them according to boards.

I phoned zentelecom.ie who are owned by another company and I found them to be excellent on the phone, and would recommend looking at zen for an alternative.
    I am going to have to give blueface a phone call tomorrow. This is happening too often and I'm going to ask them what measures etc have they put in place. I find blueface a pleasure to deal with over the phone, but the quality of service is not so good..

It seems blueface don't post on boards anymore..

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

I'd be interested in hearing feedback from fulltime users of www.freespeech.ie ? I've had a free account with them for a long time and still have some credit on it but I haven't used it as a daily phone frequently or for receiving calls in a few years.

Freespeech's pricing is very good and they look like a good alternative to Blueface, they certainly have been around for a while.

Can any seasoned Freespeech users comment on the quality / functionality and more importantly the reliability of their service?

I guess porting to them from Blueface is possible.

I have only heard good things about freespeech and their service is supposed to be very good.

However, they do not have any contact details, (no phone number), no status website etc.

This is a bit risky to port to them when they haven't a phone number!

Any suggestions appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭macl

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    I'm in the same position as you! We had no phones for about two days in total, and I'm not impressed at all.

This crowd who were setup in 2010 are affiliated to SoHo66 but is vat and company registered: http://www.goldfish.ie. Many people use them according to boards.

I phoned zentelecom.ie who are owned by another company and I found them to be excellent on the phone, and would recommend looking at zen for an alternative.
    I am going to have to give blueface a phone call tomorrow. This is happening too often and I'm going to ask them what measures etc have they put in place. I find blueface a pleasure to deal with over the phone, but the quality of service is not so good..

It seems blueface don't post on boards anymore..

HTH

Unfortunately I'm not paying blueface to enjoy them over the phone - I can call some 1550 numbers for that :o Anyhow - The service is scatty and they are not being upfront about their issues. Their status page says issue is resolved, yet an update is forthcoming at 10am.

Not really enterprise level unfortunately. I had a line from them before where they said their service was provided 'on a best effort basis' only. Not really what you want to be hearing.

Time for a competitor in the market I think!

macl wrote: »
    Unfortunately I'm not paying blueface to enjoy them over the phone - I can call some 1550 numbers for that :o Anyhow - The service is scatty and they are not being upfront about their issues. Their status page says issue is resolved, yet an update is forthcoming at 10am.

Not really enterprise level unfortunately. I had a line from them before where they said their service was provided 'on a best effort basis' only. Not really what you want to be hearing.

Time for a competitor in the market I think!

Yes, I contacted Zen and they said that its €3.95 for a number and calls to ireland and the uk.
    Blueface are just not up to scratch, and definitely not the cheapest with such a big customer base.

If you don't need a subscription, definitely try freespeech.ie or one of the betamax resellers (jumblo.com rynga.com etc).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Hi Mr_Grumpy,

Could you keep us posted on your experience with Zen?

The price looks great but I can't forget the old saying, you get what you pay for, and judging from what people are saying about Blueface who charge €9.99 for what sounds like the same package I would be a bit weary of what kind of service and support you would get for less than €4 a month.

Hi Mr_Grumpy,

Could you keep us posted on your experience with Zen?

The price looks great but I can't forget the old saying, you get what you pay for, and judging from what people are saying about Blueface who charge €9.99 for what sounds like the same package I would be a bit weary of what kind of service and support you would get for less than €4 a month.

Well with blueface, YOU DON'T get what you pay for! This is the reply I got from blueface when I asked them what measure they have done to stop this happening again:

"Apologies for the inconvenience. We are actively increasing availability and resiliency to ensure problems do not occur in the future."

I got a trial from Zen, and I didn't have a problem with them. I contacted them when they just set up and, found them very professional. They also offer 3CX phone systems etc which we were very interested in when we started voip.
    For a DID number there is a setup cost of €20. Blueface used to charge €5 a month per number a while back.
    HTH.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Thanks for the update. I'll give them a try so.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

Zen seem to be focused on Business only, no mention of a residential offering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Mr_Grumpy wrote: »
    Yes, I contacted Zen and they said that its €3.95 for a number and calls to ireland and the uk.
    Blueface are just not up to scratch, and definitely not the cheapest with such a big customer base.

If you don't need a subscription, definitely try freespeech.ie or one of the betamax resellers (jumblo.com rynga.com etc).

IIRC the reason I stopped using Freespeech and moved to Blueface was that Freespeech dropped some functions from their free set up ..... something to do with receiving calls on the 076 number ..... I don't recall the details sorry ....

• Advertisement

I don't think zen mind if you use your home with a business plan, its part of Techmedia group in Dublin.

I use a pbx with them so can't fault them. We still have blueface reluctantly but we were told the will not be any blueface errors surprises..

There isn't a good choice of providers in ireland if your stuck with choosing providers. They all have ups and downs. I suppose I will have to stay with bf for the minute until a quality provider arrives..

Thanks for the update. I'll give them a try so.

There's a lot a few people that use goldfish.ie also if that is any use to you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭CompanyBureau

There is a company called G7Eleven I am considering instead of ring until your blue in the face. Nothing on boards.ie about them yet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭harryd2

anyone else having probs with blueface today?
    On hold for tech support for last 20mins.. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Paarse Krokodil

I have never had such problems with blueface. Only thing is if you make an account now it takes a while to set up and its a bit of a torment, but no issues with phones not working that are blueface's fault

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 g7eleven

There is a company called G7Eleven I am considering instead of ring until your blue in the face. Nothing on boards.ie about them yet though...

Hopefully you can put up something about us now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 trevorcoyle

Telcom offer tier one SIPtrunking for the business community throughout Ireland. they have replaced Blueface with their SIPtrunking for numerous small, medium and large businesses.

They do not offer this service to household and domestic customers . The call quality and pricing is superb. You can check out www.telcom.ie or www.siptrunks.ie

Advertisement