Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flowerpots Gone Walkies...

Options
  • 29-06-2011 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Woke this morning to find my two flowerpots from the front of the house decided to skip off in the night! Didn't even think to bring the plants they contained with them!

Reckon they had a couple of "volunteers" aid in their escape, probably a prank or maybe even a sinister serial flowerpot abductor. So if anyone sees a couple of large pots, (black shiny ceramic with a ribbed design) dumped anywhere in the vicinity of Charlesland Wood/Court, can you please PM me. They're of sentimental value & I miss them dearly!

Cheers. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

I have been admiring those pots for years and I just couldn't help myself.
    In my haste to get away the plants just fell out...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

DaveEmo wrote: »
    Woke this morning to find my two flowerpots from the front of the house decided to skip off in the night! Didn't even think to bring the plants they contained with them!

Reckon they had a couple of "volunteers" aid in their escape, probably a prank or maybe even a sinister serial flowerpot abductor. So if anyone sees a couple of large pots, (black shiny ceramic with a ribbed design) dumped anywhere in the vicinity of Charlesland Wood/Court, can you please PM me. They're of sentimental value & I miss them dearly!

Cheers. :(

Sorry about your missing pots....but I love your post :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Two Boys

Honestly, It wasn't me. If I see them will let you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,599 ✭✭✭eigrod

Do they go by the name of Bill & Ben ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 DaveEmo

Beanie & Barney. Close though.
    Here's a pic of one of them on his birthday (he's a bit taller now).

Flowerpots.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Nice pot.

I believe there is a flower pot smuggling ring operating in the area.
    They're not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Huntthe wrote: »
    I believe there is a flower pot smuggling ring operating in the area.

The smuggling ring have roots that go back to the gun-running days through Kilcoole during the first world war. :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 migraineboy

Nothing new here at all, travelers do same thing every summer around greystones and then call to houses and offer to do nice gardens and sell stuff back to other folk in different areas. Watch out for white vans and take the reg if you see them. Damn filthy pikeys, keep a bat handy too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Nothing new here at all, travelers do same thing every summer around greystones and then call to houses and offer to do nice gardens and sell stuff back to other folk in different areas. Watch out for white vans and take the reg if you see them. Damn filthy pikeys, keep a bat handy too

I find your post to be very stereotypical and unfounded.

Please use fact when posting in future.

Advertisement