Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Urgent question: How long for money to transfer from Irish to Eng bank acc

Options
  • 29-06-2011 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭

Hi guys sorry for this but it's urgent, I'm flying away today.

How long does it take a bank transfer from an AIB to Barclays account to go through? Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭ZzubZzub

Usually 3 days. Sometimes 2, if you are really lucky!

That's boi to lloyds tsb.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Moved from AH. I know you want urgent answers... However the kind of answers you may get on AH will probably not help much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

3 days, unless you pay 12 euro charge for next day.

I do it every month to spain so lodged say on monday morning they have it cob wed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Salvation wrote: »
    3 days, unless you pay 12 euro charge for next day.

I do it every month to spain so lodged say on monday morning they have it cob wed

Ireland to Spain and Ireland to the UK are not the same thing. Eurozone payents should be faster but becuase of historical banking ties, Ireland/UK and vice versa is often faster. I regularly get same day crediting. HSBC/AIB and HSBC/BoI. You need to ensure that you have internet banking set up correctly and use the appropriate BICs, Swif codes and IBANs. If you do a paper based payment, it may take 3 days but that is becuase of delays in processing the paper. Once entered, it's very close to instantaneous.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭dotsman

If you want an urgent and accurate info, I usually find it best to look up the company's website where all the relevant info is available...

All the info you need...

• Advertisement
Advertisement