Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

character name

Options
  • 29-06-2011 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭

Kinda an odd request here

Basically, I'm trying to push herself into naming our next bundle of joy a certain name (basic English name) but because she found out I have a game character in a poster of the same name, its been disregarded.

Soooooo what I'm hoping to prove is that almost every name has a video game counterpart. so when we picked the name of our daughter (Rebecca) that there is a video game character also called Rebecca. Problem is, I can't seem to think of any.

Anyone know any?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

Wait wait wait. What age are you that you're having a baby and have a poster of Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Even worse...Rebecca Black! Was your daughter born on a Friday?

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

chin_grin wrote: »
    Wait wait wait. What age are you that you're having a baby and have a poster of Rebecca Chambers from Resident Evil? :P

close, :) I have a canvas print of Zack from Final Fantasy (herself bought it for me) and actually like the name for the next bundle of joy, However, she doesn't think video game characters exist with "normal" names. So I'm looking for a character from a game with the name Rebecca :) thanks for the resident evil reference :D

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Even worse...Rebecca Black! Was your daughter born on a Friday?

A tuesday :) we're safe :P

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Tifa!... oh wait, no...
    Zelda!... ah, hold on now...
    Lara!.... ummm, not sure about that one...
    Ada!... maybe in a million years...
    Glados?.... :pac:

Only one I can think of is Amy Rose from the Sonic Series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,330 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's Rebecca Crane from Assassin's Creed and Rebecca Chang from Dead Rising 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

RedXIV wrote: »
    Kinda an odd request here

Basically, I'm trying to push herself into naming our next bundle of joy a certain name (basic English name) but because she found out I have a game character in a poster of the same name, its been disregarded.

Soooooo what I'm hoping to prove is that almost every name has a video game counterpart. so when we picked the name of our daughter (Rebecca) that there is a video game character also called Rebecca. Problem is, I can't seem to think of any.

Anyone know any?

Barry, Chris, Jill, Albert, Rebecca etc from Resi.
    Elena, Victor and Chloe from Uncharted.
    Sam from Vanquish.
    Anna, Jack, Paul, Lee, Michelle, Julia from Tekken.

I know you were looking for a Rebecca only but that's just what comes to mind after 30 seconds or so of characters with common names.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Tell her Laura "REBECCA" Croft!!!!!!....just made that up but your GF doesnt know that....does she?

Gandalph wrote: »
    Tell her Laura "REBECCA" Croft!!!!!!....just made that up but your GF doesnt know that....does she?

My gf knows Ms. Croft well :( she won't fall for that

but I like your enthusiasm :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,445 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So you can't use's Zack? That quite a conundrum isn't it Zack? Perhaps Francis Yorke would be appropriate.

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    So you can't use's Zack? That quite a conundrum isn't it Zack? Perhaps Francis Yorke would be appropriate.

If I lose Zack, I'm throwing Blanka up next to her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

WOLVERENE!
    (Glue some cutlery between his fingers!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I think there is a cricket player, or manager or some such, called Lara... Does that help? It doesn't help. does it? :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Chun-Li. That's a nice name.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,320 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just say "Honey, you're right. That's why I've decided to name her Samus"

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Randomer.

(basic English name)
    close, :) I have a canvas print of Zack from Final Fantasy (herself bought it for me) and actually like the name for the next bundle of joy, However, she doesn't think video game characters exist with "normal" names.

Eh not to be a prick, but Zack as far from a normal English name unless your living in America. :confused:

Same goes for the likes of Seth and so on. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Just call him Mario and get it over with!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,071 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Haven't told herself, but the first two boys are going to be Kain and Raziel, and if there's a girl it's Ariel. Only because i don't think she'd swing for Noob Saibot or Sub-Zero...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Jill valentine ;)

Yeh man seriously scrap Rebecca, Iv got a couple of suggestions for ya;

Metal Gear Rex
    Dr Robotnik
    Pacman
    Bowzer
    Optimus prime
    Spider man

• Advertisement

Randomer. wrote: »
    Eh not to be a prick, but Zack as far from a normal English name unless your living in America. :confused:

Same goes for the likes of Seth and so on. :P

yeah sorry, should have explained that better, I meant names that pass in normal society and not so much the likes of Shang Tsung and Vulcan Raven :)
    Gandalph wrote: »
    Yeh man seriously scrap Rebecca, Iv got a couple of suggestions for ya;

Metal Gear Rex
    Dr Robotnik
    Pacman
    Bowzer
    Optimus prime
    Spider man

I always thought Bowzer had potential!?

I always thought Bowzer had potential!?

She would grow up to love you more than any daughter could love her father, go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

There's a precedent for this, set by the actor Robin Williams, who called his daughter Zelda after the game character:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zelda_Williams

http://youtu.be/50_fIyfn1uk

Advertisement