Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bathroom speakers

• 29-06-2011 11:39am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone can recommend speakers that would work well in a bathroom. Something that can deal with moisture.

Would it be best for ceiling mounted, wall mounted or low floor standing ones?

I already have nice Monitor Audio speakers, so was thinking of sticking to that brand, or even looking at Bose, unless others recommend better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

As most bathrooms have hard (reflective) surfaces, you might want to look for something that's not too bright.
    As for Bose, they are great in a bathroom, but only when inserted in the toilet bowl.... their true home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Hi i got monitor audio for my en-suite when building 5-6 years back. I got something like this http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/100-series/c165-t2/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I ended up going with Monitor Audio, C380fx - http://www.monitoraudio.co.uk/products/ci-series/300-series/c380-fx/

I still have to mount them. A little nervous of cutting the 8 inch hole in the ceiling.

Any advice???? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭earpiece

Don't be nervous..... use a stud finder to locate joists, then use a plasterboard saw/knife and make the hole just a few mm's smaller, hone back with a rasp or something similar till you have a comfortable fit.
    Just take your time and it will be fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I decided it's easier to cut from the top (from in the attic). I know where I'll position the speakers and have the cutout marker for the speakers.

So, a matter of making the mark, and then cutting through.

I'm sure it'll be fine, eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Easy if you drill 5-6 holes and just join the dots cutting the hole with plaster saw. You should post a few pictures :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭Hifi Keith

marvsins wrote: »
    Easy if you drill 5-6 holes and just join the dots cutting the hole with plaster saw. You should post a few pictures :)

If you go from the attic down its more likely the plaster will chip around the hole, the lip of the speaker should cover this but not always.

8" is a big old speaker, usually go with 6.5" in bathrooms and even mono for smaller ones

Advertisement